Today’s recipe is a very easy and quick version of bread pakora. ‘ Mayonnaise Bread Pakora’ is a bread recipe in which a sandwich of three bread slices is prepared, one layer of mayonnaise and second of ketchup. This recipe tastes delicious when served hot with tea or coffee.
You can serve this pakora recipe as a starter in tea party or birthday parties of your little ones. I am sure even your kids would love to have it. All you need is a gram flour batter, bread, mayonnaise and ketchup. If you are not a mayonnaise lover, try green chutney or any chutney of your choice as a replacement. Let’s get started !
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 20 mins
Ingredients for Mayonnaise Bread Pakora
|Bread slices (brown bread)||6 slices|
|Mayonnaise||1 tbsp (to spread on bread slice of medium size)|
|Gram flour /besan||1.5 cups|
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp or as per taste|
|Salt||3/4 tsp or as per taste (leveled)|
|Green chilli (finely chopped)||1 medium|
|Coriander leaves (finely chopped)||2 tbsp|
|Oil||for deep frying|
|Chaat masala||1/2 tsp|
|Garlic cloves (crushed)||1/2 tsp|
Method for Mayonnaise Bread Pakora (step by step with pictures)
- Apply mayonnaise of one layer.
- Apply ketchup on second layer of bread.
- Prepare a sandwich of three layers with mayo bread, ketchup bread and plain bread. Keep this sandwich aside. Repeat this step with the remaining slices.
- Cut bread slices in triangular shape. (You can also cut slices according to your preference, small size slices are perfect for kids)
- In a mixing bowl, take gram flour (besan) , red chili powder, salt, green chillies, chopped coriander leaves, chat masala, crushed garlic.
- Prepare a batter of coating consistency with the help of water. (amount of water depends upon quality of your gram flour)
- Heat oil in a deep pan.
- Coat breads with batter and start deep-frying pakoras one by one, till golden in color.
- Drain bread pakoras on an absorbent paper
- Serve hot with tea/coffee.