Today’s recipe is ‘Masala Egg Bhurji’. Egg bhurji are generally prepared without boiling eggs, but in this particular recipe, we will use boiled eggs. Egg bhurji is a very popular dish of northern and western part of India. It is mostly served with naan/chapati/paratha. It can be served as a side dish for breakfast/lunch/dinner.
For this recipe, you will need following ingredients- boiled eggs, onions, tomatoes, green chillies, coriander, butter and few spices. You can always adjust the spices quantity according to your taste.
For more egg recipes, check – Chicken Omelette Recipe (Fluffy Stuffed omelette) , Easy Egg Mayo Bun | How to make egg mayo bun , French Toast (Spanish toast / Eggy bread) , Aloo Egg Pattice (potato egg pattice) , Jhatpat Egg Masala (masala egg recipe) .
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly email it to me on email@example.com. I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 30 mins
Ingredients for Masala Egg Bhurji
|Onion (chopped)||2 (large)|
|Tomato (chopped)||1 (large)|
|Green chilies (chopped)||3-4 (medium)|
|Coriander (chopped)||2 Tbsp|
|Red chili flakes||1/2 tsp|
|Salt||1/2 tsp or as per taste|
|Red chili powder||1/2 tsp or as per taste|
|Roasted cumin powder||1 tsp|
|Chaat masala||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander leaves||for garnishing|
Method for Masala Egg Bhurji
- Boil three eggs.
- Let the eggs cool down. Peel all the eggs.
- Cut all the boiled eggs in small pieces.
- In a frying pan, heat butter and oil.
- Fry boiled egg’s chunks.
- Then add chopped onion and tomatoes. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chopped green chilies and chopped coriander leaves.
- With the help of a spoon, cut eggs, onion and tomatoes in very small pieces.
- In the pan now add red chili powder, salt, and red chili flakes. Cook for 4-5 mins.
- When bhurji starts releasing oil, add roasted cumin powder and chaat masala.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes till all the spices are nicely blended.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve Masala Egg Bhurji hot!