Hello Foodies ! It is mango season and I want to try as many mango recipes as possible. Today’s recipe is Mango Basundi. Basundi is a very famous dessert of Gujarat, Maharashtra and Karnataka. It is rich and delicious dessert made by boiling full cream milk on low heat until it is reduced to half. Mango Basundi is sweetened dense milk flavoured with mangoes. This recipe is very easy to prepare.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 1 hour
Ingredients for Mango Basundi
Full cream milk 2 litres (cooked till reduced to half in quantity)
Sugar 1/2 cup
Chopped Mangoes 2 cup
Mango Puree 1 cup
Almonds (chopped) 1/2 cup
Cardamom 3 pods
Procedure for Mango Basundi
- Boil milk in a thick deep pan, keep stirring it.
- Let milk start to boil, lower the flame to minimum and keep it boiling.
- When milk is reduced to half in volume, add sugar and cardamom in it.
- Add saffron threads in the milk. Boil it for few minutes more. Now let milk cool completely.
- In the meantime, chop mango in small pieces and also prepare one cup mango puree by blending mango.
- Add mango cubes and puree in the thickened milk. Mango Basundi is ready.
- Serve chilled.
- Adjust sugar quantity according to your taste. Sugar quantity also depends upon sweetness of mangoes.
- You can add other dry fruits like pistachios and cashew nuts also in this dish. It is totally up to you.
- Consistency of this dish is almost like rabri or condensed milk.
- You can choose any variety of mango as you want, for this dessert.
” Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.”