Happy Friday everyone ! Today’s dish is ‘Macaroni Chaat’. This is my mom’s special recipe, which she prepares for us every year in Ramadan for iftar. You can enjoy this soothing dish as snack/appetizer during summer. It is a different recipe of macaroni with exciting mix of taste. Let’s get started with the recipe….
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe on our Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. ?
Duration: 12 mins (prep time) + 10 mins (assembling time) = 22 mins (total time)
Ingredients for Macaroni Chaat
Boiled potatoes (small cubes) 2 nos. (medium size)
Yogurt 750 gms
Green chillies 4-5
Salt to taste
Red chillies 1/2-1 tsp
Green chutney 2 tbsp
(mint coriander chutney)
Tamarind chutney 2 tbsp
Boondi 1 cup
Nylon Sev/bhujia/sev 1 cup
Papdi (fried flour crispies) 7-8 (small pieces)
Chaat Masala 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves (chopped) 2 tsp
Black salt 1/4 tsp
Cumin powder (roasted) 1/2 tsp
Mint leaves (chopped) 1 tsp
Procedure for Macaroni Chaat
- Boil macaroni following directions written on the packet.
- If you are using salted water to boil your macaroni then adjust salt quantity accordingly for chaat.
- Now drain warm water and wash with cold water. Mix 1 tsp oil and keep it aside.
- In a large bowl add yogurt and mix boiled potatoes, green chillies, chopped coriander leaves, mint leaves, salt, red chilli powder, chat masala, cumin powder and black salt. Mix well.
- Now add macaroni in the above mix. Let it chill in fridge if you are not serving it immediately.
- In the end, just before serving garnish chaat with sev, boondi, papdi, green chutney and tamarind chutney. While serving it, mix everything well.
- Your macaroni chaat is ready ! Serve it with love and enjoy with happiness. 🙂
- Onion is optional in this recipe, for additional crunch you are free to use it.