Happy Friday everyone ! Today’s dish is ‘Macaroni Chaat’. This is my mom’s special recipe, which she prepares for us every year in Ramadan for iftar. You can enjoy this soothing dish as a snack/appetizer during the summer. It is a different recipe for macaroni with an exciting mix of taste. Let’s get started with the recipe…
Other chaats and bhel puri recipes which you can also try are – Delhi Style Aloo Chaat (Street food special), Corn Chaat (Quick sweetcorn chaat recipe), Kala Chana Chaat (How to make spicy tangy whole bengal gram), Mixed Fruit Chaat (bowl full of flavours), Macaroni Chaat (Pasta/macaroni in yogurt), Dilli Style Aloo Chaat (Tangy potatoes), Bhel Puri (Mumbai Bhel Puri / Spicy Puffed Rice), Pani Puri (Gol Gappa or Puchkas, homemade pani).
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe on our Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. ?
Duration: 12 mins (prep time) + 10 mins (assembling time) = 22 mins (total time)
Ingredients for Macaroni Chaat
Boiled potatoes (small cubes) 2 nos. (medium size)
Yogurt 750 gms
Green chillies 4-5
Salt to taste
Red chillies 1/2-1 tsp
Green chutney 2 tbsp
(mint coriander chutney)
Tamarind chutney 2 tbsp
Boondi 1 cup
Nylon Sev/bhujia/sev 1 cup
Papdi (fried flour crispies) 7-8 (small pieces)
Chaat Masala 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves (chopped) 2 tsp
Black salt 1/4 tsp
Cumin powder (roasted) 1/2 tsp
Mint leaves (chopped) 1 tsp
Procedure for Macaroni Chaat
- Boil macaroni following directions written on the packet.
- If you are using salted water to boil your macaroni then adjust the salt quantity accordingly for chaat.
- Now drain warm water and wash with cold water. Mix 1 tsp oil and keep it aside.
- In a large bowl add yogurt and mix boiled potatoes, green chilies, chopped coriander leaves, mint leaves, salt, red chilli powder, chat masala, cumin powder, and black salt. Mix well.
- Now add macaroni in the above mix. Let it chill in the fridge if you are not serving it immediately.
- In the end, just before serving garnish chaat with sev, boondi, papdi, green chutney, and tamarind chutney. While serving it, mix everything well.
- Your macaroni chaat is ready! Serve it with love and happiness. 🙂
- Onion is optional in this recipe, for the additional crunch you are free to use it.