Today’s recipe is ‘Lemon Vermicelli Upma’. Sevai or vermicelli is a very versatile food item, as it can be prepared in both ways sweet and savory. I love it more when it is spicy and tangy. I have also shared vegetable vermicelli recipe on the blog. You can serve it as a breakfast or snack meal.
For this recipe, you will need vermicelli, cashew nuts, lemon juice, curry leaves, lentils and few spices. If you are not using roasted vermicelli, then you need to roast it first before adding water in the dish. If you want to try vegetable vermicelli check – Vegetable Vermicelli Recipe (Seviyan Pulao).
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 20 mins
Ingredients for Lemon Vermicelli Upma
|Mustard seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Urad dal||1/2 tsp|
|Chana Dal||1/2 tsp|
|Ginger (finely chopped)||1/2 tsp|
|Green chilies (chopped)||2-3 (medium)|
|Curry Leaves||1 sprig|
|Cashew nuts||6-7 nos.|
|Salt||1/2 tsp or as per taste|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 Tsp|
|Lemon juice||2 tsp|
Method for Lemon Vermicelli Upma
- Heat oil/ghee in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds, let it start to crackle.
- Saute both the along with mustard seeds lentils – urad dal and chana dal.
- When the lentils turn golden in color, add ginger and green chilies. Stir-fry for 2-3 seconds.
- Add cashew nuts and fry till it starts turning golden.
- Next, add curry leaves.
- Now, add vermicelli and roast it till it turns golden in color. (Only, if you are using non-roasted one.)
- Next, add salt and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- For 1 cup vermicelli, add 3 cups water in the pan. (Amount of water required will depend upon the variety of your vermicelli.)
- Cover the pan and let the vermicelli absorb all the water.
- Lastly, add lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot!