Today’s recipe is ‘Lapsi’. It is a very popular dessert recipe of Rajasthan. Lapsi is basically, broken wheat dessert, which is prepared for the special auspicious occasion in Rajasthan. Lapsi is rich dessert which is full of the goodness of dry fruits and ghee. Its sweetness comes from jaggery. It is also prepared quite often during the winter season, as it is enjoyed hot.
Lapsi recipe requires – broken wheat, jaggery, ghee, water, dry fruits and cardamom. Traditionally, it is prepared with slightly bigger broken wheat, but nowadays wheat is crushed little fine as compared to traditional ones. In this recipe, broken wheat is sauteed in ghee and then cooked in jaggery water. Garnished with dry fruits like dry coconut, almonds and cashew nuts. [Note: Requirement of water for the recipe will depend upon your dalia if your recipe requires more water to cook wheat then please do add more water. ]
For more dessert recipes you can check – Besan Burfi | Besan Barfi Recipe, Jalebi | How to make instant jalebi recipe, Suji Ka Halwa | Sooji ka Halwa Recipe, Sweet Boondi | Tri color Sweet boondi | Meethi boondi, Atte Ka Halwa | How to make atte ka halwa, Chocolate Chips Vanilla Muffins Recipe, Besan Ladoo Recipe | how to make besan ladoo | Besan laddu
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on the Facebook page or directly email it to me on email@example.com. I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 45 mins
Ingredients for Lapsi
|Broken wheat / Dalia||1 cup|
|Almonds (chopped)||2 tsps and for garnishing|
|Dry coconut (chopped)||2 tsps and for garnishing|
|Cashew nuts (chopped)||2-3 nos. and for garnishing|
Method for Lapsi
- In a deep pan, heat ghee.
- Let ghee starts melting, add cardamom pods to it.
- Saute dalia (broken wheat) in ghee until golden brown. Keep stirring it occasionally.
- In the meantime prepare jaggery water.
- In a vessel add jaggery and 4 cups of water. Boil it till jaggery dissolves in the water fully. Keep it aside.
- When Dalia is golden brown in colour, at this point strain jaggery water in the pan.
- Cover and cook dalia till all liquid is absorbed and lapsi starts releasing ghee.
- Add dry coconut flakes and dry fruits in the lapsi.
- Mix well and cook until it is dry and starts releasing ghee.
- Garnish with dry fruits and serve hot!