Hi everyone ! Today’s recipe is my childhood favourite ‘Koshimbir with Yogurt’. This curd salad was first introduced to me by my aunty (my mother’s friend), she is from Maharashtra and cooks delicious authentic Maharashtrian food. You can have koshimbir with any of your three meals. I love to eat it with parathas and sometime like a small meal. It is a less than 10 mins recipe. Try this at home and let me know in the comment section below what do you think of koshimbir.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe on our Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. 🙂
You can also check recipe in video format –
Duration: 5 mins (prep time) + 3 mins (cook time) = 8 mins (total time)
Ingredients for Koshimbir with Yogurt
|Yogurt / Curd||1 cup|
|Cucumber (medium sized) (diced)||1|
|Onion (chopped small sized)||1|
|Roasted peanuts||2 tbsp|
|Sugar (optional)||1/2 tsp|
|Salt||1/2 tsp or as per taste|
|Curry leaves / Kari patta||7-8 leaves|
|Mustard seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Cumin seeds / jeera||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander leaves (chopped)||2-3 tsp|
Procedure for Koshimbir with Yogurt
- Wash and cut all the vegetables in small cubes.
- In a bowl add chopped cucumber, onion and tomatoes. Mix everything nicely.
- In the mix of vegetables add roasted and crushed peanuts, give everything a nice mix.
- Now add curd/yogurt in the above mix. Keep this curd, peanuts and vegetables mix aside.
- Start preparing tempering. Heat oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Let them crackle.
- Now, add curry leaves and green chillies. Fry for 1-2 mins without burning them.
- Switch off the flame and add asafoetida. Temper koshimbir.
- Add salt and sugar, mix everything gently.
- Garnish koshimbir with chopped coriander leaves. Refrigerate it for 10-12 mins.
- Koshimbir with yogurt is ready to serve !
- If you are on diet, you can skip sugar and tempering. You can add chopped coriander and curry leaves in the curd, cucumber and peanuts mix.
- Salt can be added while serving also.
- Roasted peanuts absorb all the water/juice released by the vegetables. If your curd is of thin consistency you can increase quantity of peanuts.
- You can also add carrots in this recipe.