‘Kairi Ki Meethi Launji’ (Aam ki Launji) is today’s summer special Rajasthani recipe. There are two versions of kairi launji, one is spicy and tangy and the other one is sweet and tangy. This recipe is sweet and tangy. Kairi ki launji is a very popular dish from Rajasthani cuisine. During summer season, this dish is prepared in every Rajasthani household at least once.
Main ingredients of this recipe are raw mango, few spices, whole red chillies and jaggery. You can serve this dish as a side dish with Dal rice, plain parathas, or with stuffed parathas. Kairi launji can easily be stored in fridge for two weeks.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
For more Mango / Raw Mango recipes you can check – Mango Sweet Lime Pops , Aam ke Gulgulay (Mango Fritters-Summer Snack) , Mango Basundi (Aam ki Basundi – Dessert Recipe) , Aam Panna (Raw Mango Summer Drink)
Duration: 20 mins
Ingredients for Kairi Ki Meethi Launji
|Raw Mango / Kairi / कच्ची कैरी||250 gms|
|Jaggery / गुड़||1 cup or as per taste|
|Nigella seeds /कलौंजी||1 Tbsp|
|Fennel seeds /सौंफ||1 Tbsp|
|Fenugreek seeds / मेथी दाने||1 Tbsp|
|Whole red chilli / साबूत लाल मिर्च||2 nos.|
|Red chilli powder / मिर्ची पाउडर||1 tsp|
|Garam masala / गरम मसाला||1/2 tsp|
|Jeera Powder / जीरा पाउडर||1 tsp|
|Salt / नमक||1/2 tsp|
|Black salt / काला नमक||1/2 tsp|
|Water/ पानी||1 cup|
|Oil / तेल||2-3 Tbsp|
Method for Kairi Ki Meethi Launji
- Wash and peel raw mango (kairi).
- Chop kairi according to your choice of shape and size. (Mine are chopped lengthwise.)
- In a large pan, heat oil, add whole red chillies, fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds and Nigella seeds. Saute till seeds start to crackle.
- Now add chopped raw mango slices. Cook on high heat for 2-3 mins, continuously stir to prevent mango from sticking to pan.
- After 2-3 mins, lower the flame and add jaggery.
- Immediately add water, cook till water starts boiling.
- When water starts to boil, add all the remaining dry ingredients.
- Cover and cook till consistency of syrup starts changing from watery to sugar syrup consistency.
- Let the launji cool, store it in fridge or serve immediately.