Today’s recipe is ‘Jalebi’. Jalebi is a very crisp dessert which is of circular shape. It is a very popular sweet in many countries of Asia. As the festive season is going to start soon, I am sharing a quick and easy recipe of jalebi. You do not need to ferment the batter. Try this easy dessert recipe and serve it hot to your guests and family.
For Jalebi, you will need to prepare a pouring consistency batter of maid and curd, in which you need to add baking soda, baking powder, and edible food color. This batter is then given a circular shape, deep-fried and then soaked in sugar syrup.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly email it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Yield: 250 gms
Duration: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Instant Jalebi
|Maida/ All purpose flour||3/4 cup|
|Baking powder||1/2 tsp|
|Baking soda||1/4 tsp|
|Yellow/orange edible color||a pinch|
|Oil||for deep frying|
|For sugar syrup|
|Saffron strands||for garnishing|
|Pistachio (chopped)||for garnishing|
Method for Instant Jalebi
- In a bowl take maida/all purpose flour.
- Add curd and a pinch of yellow/orange edible color.
- With a little amount of water at a time, prepare a pouring consistency batter. (make sure batter is not of flowing or running consistency and also not too thick to be of lumpy consistency.)
- In the meantime, start preparing the sugar syrup of one thread consistency.
- When the sugar syrup is ready, keep it aside.
- In the batter add baking powder and baking soda. Mix well.
- Now, pour the batter in a sauce bottle or icing bag/cloth ( the traditional way). I have used sauce bottle.
- In a flat pan, heat oil at a medium high temperature. Check the temperature, by dropping the little amount of batter in the oil.
- Start preparing Jalebi, by pouring batter in a circular shape. First few would not be of a perfect shape, don’t worry once you get into the flow, they will automatically come out in shape.
- After two three minutes, reduce flame to low-medium temperature. Fry jalebis till they are crispy.
- Remove jalebis from oil and dip it in sugar syrup. Coat jalebi well with sugar syrup.
- Remove jalebis from sugar syrup and garnish it with Kesar/saffron strands and chopped pistachios. Serve hot!