see url Today’s recipe is click ‘Hyderabadi Bagara Baingan’. It is a delicious and a very popular south-indian dish. In Hyderabad this dish is served as a side dish along with Hyderabadi Biryani. You can also serve it with roti/chapati/plain rice/paratha. This recipe which I am sharing today is again my mother’s recipe.
enter site You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 20 mins (prep time) + 40 mins (cook time) = 1 hour (total time)
Ingredients for Hyderabadi Bagara Baingan
|Baingan/Egg Plant/Aubergine||1/2 kg|
|Tomato (medium sized)||2|
|Onion (small sized, chopped)||3|
|Tamarind (for pulp)||2 tbsp|
|Coconut (roughly chopped)||2 tbsp|
|Poppy seeds/Khus khus||2 tsp|
|Red chilli powder||2 tsp or as per taste|
|Salt||as per taste|
|Green chilli||5-6 nos.|
|Sesame seeds||2 tsp|
|Cumin seeds/Jeera||1 tsp|
|Black peppercorn||1 tsp|
|Coriander powder||3 tsp|
Procedure for Hyderabadi Bagara Baingan
- Wash all the vegetables and soak tamarind in water for 10 minutes. Slit baingan in the quarter, do not cut through. Make tamarind pulp and keep it aside.
- Dry roast chopped coconut, peanuts, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, and poppy seeds.
- Add water and make a paste of above-roasted ingredients.
- Make a paste of tomato and onion.
- In kadhai/deep pan heat oil. Add black peppercorn, cloves, green chilies, curry leaves and garlic. Cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add egg-plant/ baingan / aubergine. Cook till color changes from purple to brownish purple.
- In the above mix add tomato and onion paste. Cook till separates and baingan are cooked completely.
- Add all the remaining spices in the above mix.
- Mix everything nicely. Add coconut paste in the kadhai.
- Add water and tamarind pulp.
- Cook till gravy starts boiling.
- Serve it hot with chapati/rice/paratha. You can garnish it with coriander leaves or desiccated coconut.