Today’s recipe is ‘Healthy Vegetable Salad’. It is an easy tangy and healthy mix vegetable salad. In many parts of India, it is also known as a kachumber salad. You can enjoy it as a diet food or as a salad with the main course. It is tangy in flavour.
For this salad recipe, you will need finely chopped cucumber, carrots, onion, green capsicum, tomato, white radish, tamarind water and few spices. You can soak tamarind in water for 4-5 hours, squeeze soaked tamarind, use that tamarind water for salad. This salad can also be enjoyed as a snack for those small cravings.
For more salad recipes you can check – Kakdi Koshimbir (Kakdi Khamang / Cucumber Salad), Mixed Sprout Salad (Healthy recipe), Russian Salad (how to make veg russian salad), Koshimbir with Yogurt (Maharashtrian curd salad), Pasta Salad (Creamy cold salad), Quick Creamy Fruit Salad
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on the Facebook page or directly email it to me on email@example.com. I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 20 mins (preparation time + mixing time)
Ingredients for Healthy Vegetable Salad
|Carrot (thinly sliced)||1 (large)|
|White radish (thinly sliced)||1 (large)|
|Onion (thinly sliced)||1 (medium)|
|Tomato (thinly sliced)||1 (large)|
|Cucumber (thinly sliced)||1 (large)|
|Green capsicum (thinly sliced)||1 (large)|
|Coriander leaves (chopped)||2-3 Tbsps|
|Tamarind (soaked in water)||1/3 cup|
|Salt||as per taste|
|Red chilli powder||1/2 tsp or as per taste|
|Chaat masala||1/2 tsp|
|Roasted cumin powder||1/2 tsp|
Method for Healthy Vegetable Salad
- In a small bowl, soak tamarind for 4-5 hours.
- Squeeze tamarind and take pulp and juice in a bowl.
- To the tamarind juice, add red chilli powder, salt, roasted cumin powder and chaat masala. Mix well.
- In the mixing bowl, add thinly sliced white radish, chopped carrots and green capsicum.
- Mix well.
- Next, add thinly sliced tomato, onion and cucumber. Mix well.
- Lastly, add chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
- The healthy vegetable salad is ready to serve!