Today’s recipe is a famous Bombay special ‘Grilled Cheese Sandwich‘. It is easy to prepare, crunchy and delicious sandwich recipe. You can have it as a breakfast or tea-time snack recipe. This same recipe can be use to prepare simple vegetable sandwich, without grilling it.
This is one of my favourite sandwich recipe. You will easily find stalls of sandwiches on streets of Mumbai. Basic recipe is same for this sandwich, and it is available with lots of version of same recipe.
For this recipe, you will need white/brown bread, butter, veggies (like onion, cucumber, tomato, and boiled potatoes), cheese and chaat masala. Other vegetables that you could use for this sandwich are beetroot and capsicum.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 20 minutes
Ingredients for Grilled Cheese Sandwich
|Boiled potato||2 (small)|
|Butter||for applying on bread|
|Green chutney||2-3 Tbsp|
|Chaat Masala||to sprinkle on sandwich|
Method for Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- You need green chutney for this sandwich, prepare that first. Quick recipe : In a blender, blend coriander (a bunch), mint leaves(8-9 leaves), green chillies(4-5 medium size or as per taste), salt (as per taste), cumin seeds (1/2 tsp), sugar (1/4 tsp, optional) and lemon juice (1 tsp).
- Cut roundels of tomato, cucumber, boiled potatoes and onion.
- Take a slice of bread, apply a coat of chutney generously on the bread.
- Keep slices of cheese on the bread, after applying chutney.
- Keep slices of boiled potato roundels and cucumber slices. Sprinkle chaat masala.
- Next add roundels of tomato and onion. Sprinkle chaat masala as per your taste.
- Keep the slice of bread on the top, apply butter (I forgot to melt butter 🙁 ) .
- Heat a griller/ toaster, grill your sandwich.
- Garnish it with grilled cheese sandwich.