This is my first recipe. 🙂 Today’s recipe is ‘Gobhi Paratha’. Cooking according to me is combination of both art and science.Cooking is also a great stress buster. I love serving new dishes to my family. This blog is my food diary, where I will keeping adding every recipe that I will try. Come and join me in my journey of everything related to food !
Last night we made gobhi parathas for dinner. We served our parathas with green chutney (coriander chutney), ketchup and curd. Gobhi parathas are comparatively a healthy replacement of aloo parathas, for those who suffer from diabetes. Let’s get started with the recipe…
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe on our Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below. ?
For more paratha recipes, you can check Paneer Baida Roti (cottage cheese & egg parcel) , Jhatpat ratlami sev paratha (sev stuffed paratha) , Lachha Paratha (Warqi Paratha, Layered Paratha) , Paneer Paratha (Cottage cheese stuffed paratha) .
Duration: 45 mins (includes preparation and cooking time)
Ingredients for Gobhi Paratha
Atta (Wheat Flour) 1/2 kg
Salt as per taste
Cauliflower (Gobhi) Grated 500 gms
Salt as per taste
Lemon juice 1 Tsp
Red chilli powder 1/2 Tsp
Green Chillies (Grated) 8 nos.
Onion (Finely chopped) 2 medium size
Garlic (Finely chopped) 10-12 cloves
Garam Masala 1/2 tsp
Ajwain (Carrom Seeds) 1/4 Tsp
Hing (asafoetida) pinch
Coriander leaves 1 Tbsp
Pudina Leaves (Mint Leaves) 1 Tsp
Ginger (grated) 1/2″ inch
For roasting of paratha
Ghee/ Oil as required for frying
Procedure for Gobhi Paratha
Knead the wheat flour/atta with water and salt to prepare fresh and smooth dough.
- Finely grate cauliflower in food processor.
- Finely grate ginger and green chillies.
- Mix all the ingredients for stuffing with grated cauliflower, ginger and green chillies. Keep it aside.
- After preparing stuffing don’t wait too long, otherwise filling will start releasing water/juices. Watery filling leads to soggy parathas.
- Make two round balls of dough. With the help of rolling pin try and flatten them in equal size. Both the rolled dough circles should be of approximately 5″ size.
- Now on one circle uniformly spread the cauliflower stuffing.
- Place second dough circle on first dough circle and stuffing carefully.
- Gently press the sides and seal the edges with fingertips.
- Now dust some dough and make a paratha of aprroximately 8″ diametre.
- Heat a skillet and place the paratha on it. Keep it on high flame.
- When paratha is cooked partially from one side flip it on other side.
- At this stage spread oil/ghee/butter on partially cooked side. Flip again and cook it fully this time.
- Spread oil/ghee/butter on the other side too and let the paratha cook till dark brown small spots starts appearing on it.
- Prepare all the remaining parathas like this.
- Gobhi paratha is ready to serve. Serve it hot with curd/chutney/ketchup/koshimbir.
- Happy Feasting ! 😀
Food Fact: Fresh Cauliflower is rich source of Vitamin C, it also contains good amount of many vitamin B-complex. It is very low in calories. 100 gms of cauliflower contains only 25 calories.
“There is no sincere love than the love of food”.
– George Bernard Shaw