Happy Diwali in advance my foodie friends ! Today’s recipe is ‘Gajar ke laddoo’. This is a quick and easy twist to everybody’s favourite Gajar ka halwa. Try this yummy sweet of carrot balls this time. I would suggest you to prepare them fresh. This sweet dish is best way of portion control and enjoying festive mood.
For this recipe we use orange carrots instead of red ones which we use for gajar halwa. Every one in my family love these laddoos, key for tasty laddoos is perfect cooking of carrots.
For more dessert recipes you can check Moong Dal Halwa (with a twist) , Mango Basundi (Aam ki Basundi) , Easy Eggless Chocolate Cake , Coconut Laddoo (Nariyal ke laddoo) , Seviyan Kheer Recipe , Peanut Ladoo (two ingredients recipe) ,
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Yield: 20 (small size laddoo)
Duration: 15 minutes (prep time) + 25 mins (cook time) = 40 mins (total time)
Ingredients for Gajar ke laddoo
Carrots (grated) 750 gms
Condensed milk (milk maid) 1/2 tin (200 gms) or as per taste
Ghee 2 tbsp
cardamom powder 1 tsp
Chopped dry fruits 2-3 tsp
Melon seeds for garnishing
Procedure for Gajar ke laddoo
- Wash and peel carrots.
- Grate carrots carefully.
- In a thick pan heat ghee, add carrots. Cook for few seconds.
- Add sweet condensed milk. Mix well.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well, keep stirring and cooking.
- Cook till carrots are cooked and ghee separates from the carrots.
- Keep the cooked carrots mix aside to cool down.
- In the above mix, add chopped dry fruits and mix uniformly.
- Prepare equal size laddoos from the mix.
- Garnish laddoos with melon seeds.
- Gajar laddoo is ready to be served !
- For garnishing in a different way, coat laddoos with desiccated coconut.
- If milk maid is not available, use sugar, both works well with this dish.
- For a twist, you can also add orange essence in the recipe.