Today’s recipe is ‘Falooda’. It is a cold beverage which can be served as a dessert also. It is perfect for summer season as it is full of very soothing ingredients. Falooda is made my ice cream (optional), milk flavoured with rose syrup, vermicelli noodles, sabja seeds (basil seeds), jelly pieces and dry fruits. There are many versions of falooda available all over the world, some uses kulfi or fruits chunks instead of ice cream scoop. Other name for this delicious summery dessert are faluda, faloodah.
For falooda we use special types of noodles which are very thin in comparison with the regular vermicelli. Falooda is served cold, in which we layer sabja seeds then noodles and then jelly pieces. So now on enjoy your falooda at home, with full satisfaction of cleanliness and hygiene.
For more beverage recipes you can check here. For Ramazan/Ramadan recipes you can check here. You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 30 mins (prep time) + 5-10 mins (assembling/layering time)
Ingredients for Falooda
|Ice cream (vanilla flavour)||4 scoops|
|Sabja seeds / basil seeds||1.5 tsp|
|Rose syrup (Rooh hafza)||4-5 Tbsps (or as per taste)|
|Sugar||2 Tbsps or as per taste|
|Water||1 cup for soaking sabja seeds|
|Tooti frooti||for garnishing|
|Chopped almonds or dry fruits mix||for garnishing|
Method for Falooda
- First set jelly in advance, cut it in cubes or small pieces. Keep it aside.
- While your jelly is settling, soak basil seeds (sabja seeds) in water.
- After soaking seeds, boil noodles in water till soften. Strain noodles and keep it aside to cool down.
- Use boiled milk for the recipe, in the milk add rose syrup and sugar. Chill it for sometime.
- Next step is layering of falooda. Start with sabja seeds first. Add 2-3 tsp in each glass.
- Next goes noodles. 2 tsp of noodles are enough. (Layering steps remain same for all glasses.)
- Add jelly pieces next in the glass. According to size or your preference add jelly pieces.
- Pour rose flavoured milk in the glass. Keep space for a scoop of ice cream.
- Add scoop of ice cream. immediately serve falooda after garnishing it.
- Garnish with tooti frooti and chopped dry fruits of your choice.
- Your delicious and soothing dessert is ready to be served !
- Quantity of every item depends upon the size of your glass.
- If you are using long glasses just like mine, you can take the same amount of every ingredients.
- You can also use rose petals and rose syrup for garnishing.
- Instead of vanilla ice cream you can use any other flavour like kesar pista or tooti frooti or rajbhog.