Today’s recipe is ‘Eggless Whole Wheat Banana Cake’. It is a cake recipe without any dairy product. I love cakes, and that’s why I need no occasion to enjoy freshly baked cake. This one particular recipe requires no eggs/milk/maida. You can give this to your kid in lunch box as it is full of goodness of banana. Trust me when I say, banana, chocolate and vanilla combination is bliss, that’s why I have used choco chips also in my cake.Do give this recipe a try and let me know your views on it.
For this cake, you will need wheat flour, banana, choco chips, sugar, butter/oil, baking soda, baking powder and vanilla essence. Baking is a science and that’s the reason why you need to be precise about the measurement. It is always advisable to use measuring cups and spoons for baking. Enjoy this cake with a cup of coffee or tea, monsoon is one perfect season to enjoy freshly baked dishes.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Yield : 300 gms cake
Duration: 40 mins (Baking time) + 15 mins (preparation time)
Ingredients for Eggless Whole Wheat Banana Cake
|Wheat flour /Genhu ka atta||1.5 cups|
|Banana||2 (fully ripe)|
|Vanilla Essence||1/2 tsp|
|Baking powder||1 tsp|
|Baking soda||1 tsp|
|Choco Chips||1/4 cup|
Method for Eggless Whole Wheat Banana Cake
- Pre heat your microwave/oven at 180 degree celsius for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, start with wet ingredients, cut and mash two banana in a bowl.
(To find perfect banana, chose the one with brown skin or one with brown spots on the skin.)
Chop banana in small pieces to reduce mashing time and effort.
(You can also powdered sugar to reduce dissolving time. )
- Add oil and vanilla essence in the batter, mix well.
- Next sieve all the dry ingredients together. Dry ingredients which you will need are wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add all the dry ingredients in the wet ingredients in small batches.
- Last ingredients which you need to add is choco chips. Mix again. (Note: Other options other than choco chips are tooti frooti, dry fruits mix, only walnuts.)
- Grease mould well with oil/butter. Sprinkle some flour and coat mould well. Remove excess flour from the mould.
- Bake your cake at 180 degrees celsius for 40 minutes on convention mode. After 35 mins, do check it once with the help of tooth pick, whether your cake is ready or not. (Insert toothpick in the centre, remove and check if there is batter on the toothpick. If batter is there, that means your cake need more time. Clear toothpick indicates your cake is ready.)
- Let the cake cool down completely before de-moulding it.
- Garnish it with chocolate sauce and enjoy freshly baked cake !