Today’s recipe is ‘Eggless Banana Pancakes’. Pancakes are also known as hotcakes, griddlecakes or flapjacks. It is a small cake which is round and thin and cooked on hot pan or griddle. This dish can be enjoyed at any time of the day, but in America it is popular as a breakfast recipe. Some people serve it with maple syrup or honey or jam or chocolate sauce along with fruit of your choice or choco chips.
Enjoy this pancake recipe with family or pack this in your kid’s lunch box. For this recipe you will need banana (ripe), milk, all-purpose flour (maida), wheat flour (genhu ka atta) , baking powder, sugar and butter or ghee. I have used both the flour in equal proportion you can change it according to your preference as 3/4 cup maida and 1/4 cup wheat flour.
In India you will find both variety of pancakes sweet and salty. Dosa, uttapam, thalipeeth, besan chilla, moong dal chilla and malpua are few examples of Indian pancakes. You can check few Indian varieties of pancakes – Rava Dosa (Semolina Pancake/Crepe) , Neer Dosa (Rice Crêpe – South India Cuisine) , Paneer Chilla (Cottage cheese stuffed pancakes) , Moong Dal Chilla (Green Gram Lentil Pancakes) , Besan Cheela (Gram flour veggies pancake) .
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 30 -45 mins
Ingredients for Eggless Banana Pancakes
|All-purpose flour / Maida||1/2 cup|
|Wheat flour||1/2 cup|
|Powdered sugar||2.5 tsp or to taste|
|Vanilla Essence||1/4 tsp|
|Baking powder||1.5 tsp|
Method for Eggless Banana Pancakes
- For banana pancake you will need one ripe banana. To find perfect banana, chose the one with brown skin or one with brown spots on the skin.
- Cut banana in small pieces, mash the banana pieces with the help of a fork. You can also churn banana pieces in the mixer.
- Mix it with milk. Keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add half cup wheat flour and half cup all-purpose flour.
- Add vanilla essence, powdered sugar, baking powder and salt in the flour.
- Add flour mix in small batches in the banana milk mix. Mix well.
- Add 2 tsp ghee or melted unsalted butter in the mix, mix well. Let the batter rest for 15 mins.
- Heat a pan. Grease it well with butter/ghee.
- Pour small amount of batter on the pan. Make small dosa shape pancake.
- Let it cook on medium flame. When the top side of pancake is full of bubbles, that shows pancake is ready to get flipped. If you are using big frying pan, then you can prepare two-three pancakes on the pan.
- Flip it and cook from other side, you will see pancake rising like cake. Cook well from both the sides.
- Start preparing pancakes in same way. stack 5-6 pancakes on each other.
- Garnish with toppings of your choice.
- I am sharing two versions of toppings with you all.