Today’s recipe is ‘Egg Curry’. This recipe can be served as a main course dish for lunch/dinner. Enjoy it with steamed rice or chapatis. It is a simple dish in which fried and boiled eggs are cooked in smooth curry of onion, ginger garlic and tomato.
For this recipe you will need boiled eggs, tomato pure, onion paste, ginger garlic paste and few spices. The main and most important step of this recipe is to cook the onion and ginger garlic paste properly until the raw smell fades away.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
For more egg recipes, check – Chicken Omelette Recipe (Fluffy Stuffed omelette) , Easy Egg Mayo Bun | How to make egg mayo bun , French Toast (Spanish toast / Eggy bread) , Aloo Egg Pattice (potato egg pattice) , Jhatpat Egg Masala (masala egg recipe) .
Duration: 45 minutes
Ingredients for Egg Curry
|Ginger garlic paste||1 tbsp|
|Red chilli powder||2 tsp|
|Coriander powder||2 tsp|
|Garam masala||1/2 tsp|
|Salt||1 tsp or as per taste|
|Coriander leaves (chopped)||for garnishing|
Method for Egg Curry
- Boil 4 eggs for 12-15 mins. Keep them aside to cool down. Peel eggs when they are completely cool.
- Prepare a paste of tomatoes.
- Prepare a paste of onions.
- In a deep pan heat oil. Fry eggs and keep eggs aside. (Before frying, please do not forget to make vertical slits on the eggs, to avoid bursting of eggs.)
- In the same pan add bay leaf, black pepper corn and cloves, fry for few seconds.
- Add onion paste, cook till it starts changing color.
- In the onion paste, add ginger garlic paste. Mix well and cook for 4-5 minutes covered. Keep stirring in between.
- When raw smell of onion and ginger-garlic paste starts fading away. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Mix well.
- Add tomato puree in the onion and spices mix.
- Add salt and cook till oil starts separating from the gravy.
- Next, add 1 cup water and let gravy start boiling. When it starts to boil, add eggs in the pan.
- Cook till gravy coats eggs and is of your desired consistency.
- Garnish curry with chopped coriander and serve hot with chapati/rice.