Happy Friday Foodies ! Hope you all are doing great. Today’s recipe is ‘Easy Chicken Curry’.
I am going to share my first non vegetarian recipe on this blog today. It is one of the easiest recipe of chicken with few very easily available ingredients. Even starters who are trying their hands in cooking for the first time can re-create this dish easily. This, again is a recipe that I prepared in pressure cooker. Let’s start with the recipe…
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe on our Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 30 mins
Ingredients for Chicken curry
Chicken 1/2 kg
Onion (finely chopped) 3 medium size
Ginger (finely chopped) 2″ inch piece
Garlic (finely chopped) 3 tsps/50 gms
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder/Lal mirch powder 1 tsp. (adjust according to your taste)
Coriander Powder/Hara dhania powder 2 Tbsp.
Turmeric/Haldi 1/4 Tsp.
All spice powder/Garam Masala Powder 1/2 Tsp.
Cloves/Laung 2-3 nos.
Black Pepper/Kali mirch 5-6 nos.
Curd 2-3 Tsp.
Oil 2 Tbsp.
Water 1/2 glass
Procedure for Chicken curry
- Wash chicken properly and keep it aside.
- Add oil in a pressure cooker and heat it. Add cloves and black pepper in the cooker and cook it for a minute. You can also add bay leaf, cardamom, and shah jeera, if you want. I am not adding these spices here as I want to limit my ingredients and keep my recipe simple.
- Now add finely chopped onion, garlic and ginger in the cooker. Cook till the raw smell goes away completely.
- Add red chilli powder, salt, turmeric, whole spice powder and coriander powder. Cook it for 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken and all spice powder, sauté it for 4-5 minutes. Now when the chicken starts turning pale, lower the flame and add yoghurt.
- Cook for two-three minutes, add half glass water and close the lid of pressure cooker. Keep in mind that chicken release water, so add water accordingly.
- Keep pressure cooker on high flame and let it cook for 5 minutes or 3 whistles. Let the pressure drop on its own.
- Open the lid and check whether chicken is done or not. Chicken should separate from bone easily.
- On high flame now let the curry sauté till oil separates. Check the consistency of the gravy, if required add more water.
- Garnish it with coriander(cilantro). Serve it hot with hot chapati or rice or naan.
Note: You can replace curd with tomatoes/tomato puree if you want. Add finely chopped 2-3 medium sized tomatoes instead of curd.
Chicken is a very popular food worldwide. It is one of the best source of protein and popularly know as lean meat. Chicken is rich in Vitamin B6, which helps in lowering heart risks.
“You don’t need a silver fork to eat good food.”