Today’s recipe is ‘ Delhi Style Aloo Chaat‘. It is a tangy and spicy chaat recipe. It is a popular chaat from Delhi. You can serve it as a starter or as a snack. The best part about any chaat is that you don’t need a particular season to enjoy it. It is a quick and easy recipe of chaat.
For this recipe you will need boiled potato (cubed), green chutney, few veggies and spices. Serve it immediately after garnishing. For garnishing, you need sev, pomegranate seeds and papdi (optional). I have shared one more recipe of aloo chaat which is also from Delhi here . If you don’t have chutney at available at home then opt for Dilli Style Aloo Chaat (Tangy potatoes)
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe on our Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below. ?
For more chaat recipes you can check Pani Puri (Gol Gappa or Puchkas, homemade pani) , Bhel Puri (Mumbai Bhel Puri / Spicy Puffed Rice) , Macaroni Chaat (Pasta/macaroni in yogurt) , Mixed Fruit Chaat (bowl full of flavours .
Duration: 30 mins
Ingredients for Delhi Style Aloo Chaat
|Potato (boiled)||11 medium sized|
|Green chutney||3-4 Tbsp or as per taste|
|Tomato (chopped finely)||2 medium|
|Green chilli (choppedfinely)||5-6 medium sized|
|Ginger (finely chopped)||2 tsp|
|Red chilli powder||1/2 tsp or as per taste|
|Salt||as per taste|
|Roasted cumin powder||1/2 tsp|
|Chaat Masala||1/2 tsp|
Method for Delhi Style Aloo Chaat
- Wash and boil potatoes. Let it cool for sometime.
- After peeling potatoes, cut them in cubes. Keep it aside.
- In a deep pan, heat oil and add ginger.
- After few seconds, add chopped tomatoes and green chillies. Cook for two mins.
- Add boiled potato cubes, red chilli powder and salt. Mix everything carefully.
- Add green chutney, chaat masala, roasted cumin seeds and black salt. Mix everything carefully.
- Garnish your chaat with chopped coriander leaves, sev and pomegranate seeds.