Today’s recipe is ‘Dahi Phulki’. Dahi phulki is also popularly known as Besan ke Dahi Bade/vade. This recipe can be enjoyed during summer season. It is a simple recipe yet tastes as good as original dahi vada/bada. It is very simple and quick recipe which needs no further preparation.
You will need some easily available ingredients for this recipe, which are : besan/gram flour, curd/yogurt, green mint chutney, few spices. Use fresh yogurt for this recipe. Size of phulki/vada can be change according to preference, In this recipe we prepared medium-sized vada/bade/phulki. Try this recipe during iftar in the month of Ramadan.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 45 mins
Ingredients for Dahi Phulki
|For besan vade/bade-|
|Besan/Gram flour||2 cups|
|Salt||1 tsp or as per taste|
|Garam Masala||1/2 tsp|
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp|
|Carom seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Oil||for deep frying|
|Cumin seed||1/2 tsp|
|Water||1/2 cup or as required|
|Red chilli powder||1/2 tsp or as per taste|
|Salt||1/2 tsp or as per taste|
|Onion rings||1 medium|
|Green chilli||2-3 large|
|Roasted cumin seeds powder||1/2 tsp|
Method for Dahi Phulki
For Phulki :
- For phulki you will need, besan, red chilli powder, salt, roasted jeera/cumin powder,carom seeds and garam masala.
- Now add the above ingredients and water, prepare a batter of pakor/fritter consistency. Beat the batter very well. We need a very light and fluffy batter.
- Lastly add soda in the batter and mix well.
- Heat oil. Start deep-frying the phulkis on low-medium flame. (Don’t worry about the shape of phulki.)
- Remove phulkis on an absorbent paper.
- Add phulkis in the buttermilk and keep in it for 4-5 mins.
- Remove from the buttermilk and keep in a serving dish.
For Yogurt and serving:
- In a mixing bowl, beat curd/yogurt well.
- Add onion rings, chopped green chillies, green chutney, red chilli powder, salt and roasted cumin powder.
- Mix everything well.
- Now pour curd mix on the vade/phulkis.
- Garnish with red chilli powder, cumin powder, and mint leaves.