Today’s recipe is ‘Crispy Onion Samosa’. Onion samosa is also known as Irani samosa. Samosa is my favourite snack as compared to kachori, that’s why I love to try various varieties of samosa. This one is a very popular snack in Hyderabad. Enjoy it with ketchup or chutney of your choice during tea-time.
Main ingredients of this samosa are onion, poha (flattened rice), coriander leaves, green chillies and samosa pattis. To absorb the moisture of onions, poha is added to the filling. I have used ready made samosa pattis for my recipe. You can also try – Moong Dal Samosa (Rajasthani special samosa recipe).
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. Share it on the Facebook page or directly email it to me on email@example.com. I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Crispy Onion Samosa
|Samosa patti||11 pattis|
|Poha/flattened rice||1/2 cup|
|Green chili||3 (medium sized) or as per taste|
|Salt||1/2 tsp or as per taste|
|Red chili powder||1/2 tsp|
|Roasted cumin seeds powder||1 tsp|
|Chaat masala||1 tsp|
|Coriander leaves (chopped)||3 Tbsp|
|Oil||for deep frying|
Method for Crispy Samosa
- Peel and finely chop onions.
- Take a mixing bowl, add chopped onions, chopped coriander leaves, green chilies, red chili powder, salt, chaat masala and roasted cumin powder. Mix well.
- Add poha in the bowl. Mix well.
- Prepare a flour paste by taking 2 tbsp wheat flour and water (as required to prepare a paste). Now, take one samosa patti at a time and let rest of them covered with wet muslin cloth.
- Fold the patti to form a triangle.
- Fold further to get the shape of a cone.
- Put filling inside the cone.
- Fold further to get perfect samosa shape.
- Apply flour paste to seal the ends.
- Repeat same steps with rest of the samosa pattis.
- Heat oil in a deep pan.
- Start deep-frying samosas on a low-medium heat to get crisp samosa.
- Remove samosa on an absorbent paper.
- Serve crisp and hot samosa with chutney/ketchup.