Crispy Onion Rings are easy to prepare and a quick snack/starter recipe. In this recipe, onions are dipped in a batter and coated with bread crumbs. You can prepare this snack in two ways, first way is to deep fry the onion rings and second way is to bake the onion rings in oven. This recipe is for every age group.
In this recipe, I have used egg, but if you are a vegetarian you can use soda water or half cup oil to prepare a smooth batter. All other ingredients remains same.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 30 mins
Ingredients for Crispy Onion Rings
|Onion (medium size)||3|
|Bread crumbs||3 cups|
|Salt||1 tsp or as per taste|
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp|
|Red chilli flakes||1/2 tsp|
|Garlic powder||1 tsp|
|Oil||for deep frying|
Method for Crispy Onion Rings
- Peel and wash onions.
- Cut them into slices, and separate the onion roundels into rings. Keep the centre parts aside, use it in other dishes.
- In a deep bowl whisk egg, red chilli powder, salt, red chilli flakes and oregano together.
- Add onion rings in the bowl. Coat all the rings with egg mixture.
- Add garlic powder and milk in the bowl. Mix well carefully.
- In the bowl sieve all purpose flour (maida) and cornflour. Coat all the rings uniformly.
- You can also coat the onion rings in batches, by dipping rings first in egg mixture then in flour mix.
- Remove onion rings one by one and place in a plate of bread crumbs. Coat rings with bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Deep fry rings in small batches till golden brown. Transfer rings on a paper napkin to drain.
- Serve hot with ketchup.
- You can prepare bread crumbs at home. In a mixer, crush white or brown bread. In a microwave bake it for few minutes till crumbs become crispy and crunchy.
- Make sure you fry rings on low medium temperature, to prevent over cooking of rings.
- Use baking method, if you are on a diet as a healthier alternative.