Today’s recipe is ‘Crispy Cajun Potatoes’. I am a big fan of crispy cajun potatoes and grilled prawns from barbeque nation. I visit barbeque nation only for these two dishes. Today’s recipe is inspired by their crispy cajun potatoes. You can serve it as an appetiser or as a tea-time snack. It is a very creamy and crispy potato recipe, if you are a potato lover like me then do give this dish a try.
For this recipe, you will require – baby potatoes, mayonnaise, onion, oil, red chilli flakes, garlic powder, and few spices. It is a very simple recipe, in which you first parboil potatoes with skin, then shallow fry parboiled potatoes crispy. Then coat the potatoes with the mayonnaise dip.
For more snacks recipe, you can check – Honey Chilli Potato | How to make honey chilli potato, Chicken Samosa | How to make chicken samosa recipe, Egg Veggie Cheese Toast | Lunch Box Recipe, Purple Yam Beetroot Cutlet (Stuffed with cottage cheese), Curd Sandwich | Yogurt Sandwich – Kid’s lunch box recipe, Homemade Garlic Bread | Prepare garlic bread at home
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 35-40 mins
Ingredients of Crispy Cajun Potatoes
|Oil (for shallow frying)||2-3 tsps|
|Water||as required for boiling potatoes|
|Red onion (finely chopped)||1 (small)|
|Red chilli flakes||1 tsp or as per taste|
|Dry oregano||1 tsp|
|Garlic powder||1 tsp|
|Salt||1/2 tsp as per taste|
Method for Crispy Cajun Potatoes
- Wash baby potatoes nicely. Remove all the dust particles from the potatoes.
- Parboil potatoes with salt.
- Press the boiled potatoes with your palm and flatten each potato.
- In the pan, heat oil and shallow fry potatoes crispy on low-medium flame.
- In the meantime, in a mixing bowl, add mayonnaise, red chilli flakes, dry oregano and garlic powder.
- Mix well. Keep it aside.
- Check the potatoes, whether they are crispy fried from both the sides or not.
- Add the crispy baby potatoes in the mayonnaise dip.
- Add finely chopped red onion.
- Mix well and coat each potato nicely.
- Serve hot!