Hello foodies ! This is Rasoi Recipe’s 100th post today. 🙂 Today’s recipe is ‘Chocolate Chip Cookies’. The chocolate chip cookie is a type of drop cookies, in which dough is directly drop from the spoon on the baking tray. Some other examples of drop cookies are oatmeal cookies and rock cakes.
In traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe dough is made by mixing butter, brown and white sugar, chocolate chips and vanilla. Some add nuts or oatmeal also in the recipe. In this recipe we are going to use all-purpose flour, cholesterol free butter, brown and white sugar, egg, chocolate chips, salt, baking soda and vanilla.
You can enjoy cookies with milk or during tea time. I love freshly prepared cookies they are simply divine. I am sure when you prepare cookies you all will agree with me that there is nothing like freshly baked cookies.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from RasoiRecipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 40 mins
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Cookies
|Unsalted Butter |
(at room temperature)
|Brown sugar||1/2 cup|
|White/granulated sugar||1/2 cup|
|Vanilla essence||1 tsp|
|All purpose flour/Maida||1 & 1/4 cup|
|Corn flour/cornstarch||1 tsp|
|Baking soda||1/2 tsp|
|Chocolate chips||1 cup|
Procedure for Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pre heat oven to 170 °C.
- In a bowl take butter, brown and white sugar.
- Mix everything well.
- In the above mix add egg and vanilla essence. Mix well.
- In another bowl sieve all-purpose flour, salt, cornflour and baking soda. Add dry and wet ingredients, mix well.
- In the above dough add chocolate chips. Mix everything uniformly.
- Now take either tea-spoon or table-spoon amount (size of your choice) of dough in hand, prepare round balls like laddoos.
- Refrigerate them for at least half an hour. Place the balls in the baking tray at a distance of 2″ from each other from all sides.
- Now in the pre heated oven, bake cookies for 15-17 mins at 170 °C.
- You can either serve immediately or let the cookies cool down.
- Cornflour helps in getting cookies which are soft from inside and crusty outside.
- When you refrigerate the dough, all the ingredients of the dough are of same temperature. This helps in getting uniform thickness of cookies.
- If you do not have hand blender at home, use spatula. In this recipe I have used spatula.