Hi foodies ! Happy Dussera to you all ! Today’s recipe is ‘Chilli Garlic Potato Bites’. This is a perfect recipe for your kids lunch box. This recipe tastes exactly similar to ready to eat frozen food bites. Now prepare fresh potato bites at home. This recipe is perfect to serve as an appetizer/snack. You can serve it with green chutney/mayo dip/ chilli garlic sauce. Now let your kid enjoy their favourite snack at home without worrying about preservatives. 🙂
You can prepare bites in advance and can freeze them to use later. I would recommend to finish it in two days as my recipe includes chopped onion in it.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
If you love potatoes just like me, for more potato/aloo recipes you can check Aloo Kasoori Methi Sabzi (Potato n Dried Fenugreek) , Aloo Tamatar Ki Sabzi (Potatao and tomato gravy) , Aloo Egg Pattice (potato egg pattice), Dilli Style Aloo Chaat (Tangy potatoes) , Aloo Shimla Mirch Do Pyaza , Aloo Vada (Potato dumpling/ Batata vada) , Aloo Namkeen (Spicy Potato Strips) .
Duration: 20 mins (prep time) + 10 mins (cook time) = 30 mins
Ingredients for Chilli Garlic Potato Bites
|Potato||6 (medium size)|
|Chilli flakes||2 tsp|
|Salt||1 tsp or as per taste|
|Corn flour||2-3 tbsp|
|Garlic (grated)||5 cloves|
|Onion (finely chopped)||1 (small size)|
|Oil||for deep frying|
Procedure for Chilli Garlic Potato Bites
- Wash and boil potatoes.
- Let potatoes cool down, peel them.
- With the help of a sharp knife, finely cut/chop potatoes. Do not mash potatoes with hand as we don’t want mashed potatoes.
- Add chilli flakes, salt, grated garlic, very finely chopped onion in the potatoes.
- Using a spoon mix everything uniformly. Add corn flour in the potato mix.
- Make rolls from the potatoes mix.
- Freeze rolls for sometime (if time permits, longer the time better).
- Heat oil in a deep pan. In the meantime cut potato rolls in equal bite size pieces.
- On a low medium flame deep fry potato bites till golden brown.
- Keep bites on a tissue paper to soak excess oil.
- Chilli Garlic Potato Bites are ready to serve !
- You can add garlic powder and onion powder instead of garlic or onion. Then you can use them even after two days.
- Adjust chilli according to your personal taste.