Today’s recipe is ‘Chicken Stew’. It is a chicken recipe in which chicken is cooked with whole aromatic spices and vegetables. Chicken stew is also known as khada masala murgh, as we use whole spices more than powdered spices. This dish can be served as a main course during lunch and dinner. You can serve it with roomali roti/ chapati/lachcha paratha.
Chicken stew recipe requires – chicken, garlic, onion, oil, tomatoes, curd, whole aromatic spices like dry red chillies black peppercorn, bay leaves, cinnamon stick, and cloves. In this dish preparation, we use whole garlic cloves and roughly chopped onion and tomatoes.
For more chicken recipe, you can check – Chicken Samosa | How to make chicken samosa recipe, Chicken Pulao / Chicken Pilaf (How to make chicken pulao), Chicken Omelette Recipe (Fluffy Stuffed omelette), Popcorn Chicken (Restaurant style popcorn chicken), Chicken Sweet Corn Soup (Healthy and homemade) , Easy Chicken Curry , Chicken Chili , Bhuna Murgh (Chicken with yoghurt and cream) , Chatpata Chicken Tikka , Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani (My mother’s recipe) , Chicken Shami Kabab (easy chicken kabab/kebab) .
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 45 mins
Ingredients for Chicken Stew
|Garlic cloves||1 cup|
|Onion (roughly chopped or in round shape)||250 gms|
|Dry whole red chilli||15-20 or as per taste|
|Black peppercorn||1/2 tsp|
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp or as per taste|
|Coriander powder||5 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1 tsp|
|Salt||2 tsp or as per taste|
|Garam masala powder/all spice powder||1/2 tsp|
|Fresh coriander leaves (chopped)||2-3 tsps|
Method for Chicken Stew
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil.
- In the hot oil, add all whole aromatic spices. Fry for few seconds.
- Next, add garlic cloves and fry until golden brown.
- Add roughly chopped onion, salt and turmeric powder. Fry until onion turns translucent.
- Add chicken, dry whole red chillies, coriander powder, and red chilli powder in the cooker. Mix well.
- Now, add chopped tomatoes, yoghurt and water. Mix well and close the lid of the cooker. Pressure cook for 15 minutes.
- Let the pressure drop, open the lid, check whether the chicken is tender or not. Add garam masala powder, bhuno chicken until there is no water left and oil separates.
- Lastly, garnish chicken with chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot!