Today’s recipe is ‘Chicken Shami Kabab’. Enjoy juicy and delicious kabab as a starter/snack. For this recipe you need boneless chicken breast, potato, egg and few spices. Shami kababs are popular snack from Indian subcontinent. Shami kababs can be served with roti/chapati/lachcha paratha along with ketchup, onions, green chutney, chili garlic chutney, chilli garlic sauce.
For more non veg recipe you can check Chicken Sweet Corn Soup (Healthy and homemade) , Easy Chicken Curry , Chicken Chili , Bhuna Murgh (Chicken with yoghurt and cream) , Chatpata Chicken Tikka , Bhuna Gosht (Lamb cooked with desi masalas) Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani (My mother’s recipe) .
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 30 mins (prep time) + 15 mins (cook time) = 45 mins (Total time)
Ingredients for Chicken Shami Kabab
|Boneless chicken||1/2 kg|
|Yellow split lentils /Chana dal||1/2 cup|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 tsp|
|Onion sliced||1 large|
|Whole dry red chilli||8|
|Whole spice powder/ Garam masala||1 tsp|
|Coriander leaves||2 tbsp|
|Fennel seeds||1/2 tsp|
Procedure for Chicken Shami Kabab
- Wash and soak yellow split lentil for half an hour.
- Boil boneless chicken, sliced onion, whole dry red chillies, salt, whole spice powder, fennel seeds and lentil in two cups water. Check whether lentils and chicken are tender or not. Let the mix cool down completely.
- In processor mince well the above mix along with egg, curd, green chillies, onion and coriander leaves.
- Make round shape kabab from the mixture.
- Deep fry kabab and serve it with lemon wedges and ketchup.
- Use boneless chicken pieces of breast and leg pieces.
- Use powdered garam masala/whole spices.
- Deep fry on medium to high flame. Don’t worry about the dark color of kabab, they still tastes very delicious.
- For half kg chicken take one big size boiled potato.
- Curd provides softness to kabas.