Today’s recipe is ‘Chicken Keema Masala’. As the name suggests, it is prepared from chicken mince. It is a spicy chicken mince recipe which can be served as a main course dish along with paratha/roomali roti/naan. It is a very quick semi-dry recipe which is delicious in taste. I have used green peas for my recipe, you can also use potato if there is a shortage of green peas.
For this recipe, you need – chicken mince, green peas, ginger garlic paste, onion, tomatoes, and few spices. This one is a pressure cooker recipe, which makes it quick and easy to prepare. Adjust the spice quantity according to your taste preference.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Serve : 3
Duration: 40 mins
Ingredients for Chicken Keema Masala
|Chicken mince||200 gms|
|Onion (finely chopped)||1 cup or 2 (large)|
|Tomato (chopped)||2 (large)|
|Ginger-garlic paste||1 tbsp|
|Green chillies (chopped)||3-4 (large)|
|Black pepper corn||6-7|
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp or as per taste|
|Coriander powder||2 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 tsp|
|Salt||as per taste|
|Garam masala||1/2 tsp or as per taste|
Method for Chicken Keema Masala
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil.
- In the cooker, add dry whole spices. Cook for few seconds.
- Add finely chopped onion. Fry until onion turns translucent.
- Now add ginger-garlic paste to the cooker. Cook for few seconds.
- Next, add chicken keema, green peas and chopped tomato. Mix well.
- Now add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder in the keema. Mix well.
- Before closing the lid of the pressure cooker, add half cup water to the cooker. Close the lid and cook for 10 mins or two whistles on high flame.
- Let the pressure drop and check chicken mince is cooked perfectly or not.
- Lastly, add garam masala and roughly chopped green chillies. Bhuno keema till it starts releasing oil.
- Chicken keema masala is ready to serve!