Today’s recipe is ‘Cheesy Garlic Bread’. I have already shared a garlic bread recipe on the blog, which was simple version of garlic bread recipe. You can check easy cheesy garlic bread recipe here , in this recipe we are going to use vegetables and mayo as topping. This recipe can be served as a starter dish for any party at your home, or can enjoy it as a tea-time snack. I am sure your kids will love it. This way you can add veggies in your kid’s diet.
For this recipe you will need, French baguette bread loaf, cheese, mayonnaise, few veggies, butter, garlic and few spices. It will take only 30 mins to prepare it for 4-5 servings. I am using red, yellow and green bell peppers, onion and sweet corn for this recipe. You can also try it with mushrooms, broccoli and zucchini.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe on our Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. ?
Duration: 15 mins (preparation time) + 6 mins of baking /batch
Ingredients for Cheesy Garlic Bread
|French baguette bread loaf||1 large|
|Butter (at room temperature)||100 gms|
|Red bell pepper||1 small|
|Green bell pepper (finely diced)||1 small|
|Yellow bell pepper||1 small|
|Onion (finely cubed)||1 small|
|Sweet corn kernels||1/4 cup|
|Pasta Sauce||1/3 cup|
|Red chilli flakes||1 tsp or as per taste|
|Garlic powder||1 tsp|
|Mozarella cheese||100 gms or as required|
Method for Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Cut bread loaf in equal slices. Keep it aside.
- Chop bell peppers and onion in small dices. Mix it with sweet corn kernels.
- In the veggies add mayonnaise and pasta sauce. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, take butter (at room temperature), chilli flakes, oregano and garlic powder. Mix everything well.
- Apply first layer of butter and garlic mix generously on top of each bread slice. In the meantime, pre-heat oven on 200 degrees C for 5 mins.
- Second step is to apply mayo and veggies mix on the bread.
- Last step of layering is giving cheesy touch to the dish, sprinkle each slice with grated mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle one pinch each of chilli flakes, black pepper (optional) and oregano on each slice.
- Bake the bread slices for 6 minutes at 220 degrees C. Bake it till cheese starts bubbling.
- Easy cheesy garlic bread with veggies and mayo topping is ready to serve !
- Use garlic cloves, if powder is not available at home. For this recipe, you can use 4-5 large cloves (crushed).
- If French baguette bread loaf is not available, and still want to enjoy it, use simple bread slices, but reduce baking time. (Use this option only when you are craving garlic bread, and loaf is not available. 😛 )