Hi everyone ! Today’s recipe is ‘Chatpata Chicken Tikka’. You can have this is as a starter. Chicken tikka is a very popular dish in Indian sub-continent. ‘Tikka’ means small pieces, chunk or bits. You can either prepare it by baking or grilling it in microwave or tandoor. You can serve this dish with hari dhania chutney/onion/lemon wedges.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe on our Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. 🙂
Duration: 40 mins
Ingredients for chatpata chicken tikka
Boneless Chicken 300 gm
Vinegar or lemon juice 1 tbsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
Oil 1 tbsp
Hung Curd/Yoghurt 1/2 cup
Cream/malai 1 tbsp
Black salt 1/4 tsp
Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder 1/4 tsp
Tandoori masala 1/2 tbsp
Cornflour 1 tbsp
Red/orange color 2 pinch
Oil 1 tbsp
Procedure for chatpata chicken tikka
- Cut chicken into small pieces about 8 pieces. Wash chicken pieces and pat dry on a kitchen towel. Prick pieces with a fork.
- Marinate all chicken pieces in marinade 1 for half an hour.
- In a bowl mix all the marinade 2. Add only the chicken pieces by discarding the liquid. Marinate for 2 hours or more.
- Grease the microwave proof dish. Place chicken pieces on it. Roast chicken for 30 minutes at 180 C till cooked and turned golden in color.
- Serve hot with onion and lemon pieces. Sprinkle chat masala on chicken tikkas.
You can create new version of this dish by adding kasoori methi in marinade 2.
“Once you have mastered a technique, you barely have to look at a recipe again”
― Julia Child