Today’s recipe is ‘Malai Kofta’. This is my auntie’s recipe, trust me when I say it can beat even restaurant made malai kofta. For this recipe gravy is adjusted according to my family’s taste. There are many variations of malai kofta recipe, for this dish you just need to follow exactly same ratio as mentioned in the ingredients table. Malai kofta can be best served with hot chapati/roti/naan/lachcha paratha.
This recipe is for 10-12 koftas to serve 4 people. Malai kofta is a heavy main course, so plan your meal accordingly whether you want to have as your dinner or lunch. You can find Lauki kofta recipe here .
For more paneer recipes, you can check Jhatpat Shahi Paneer (Quick royal cottage cheese) , Paneer Baida Roti (cottage cheese & egg parcel) , Paneer Masala (Cottage cheese in tomato gravy with peas and capsicum) Paneer Paratha (Cottage cheese stuffed paratha) .
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 50 mins
Ingredients for Malai Kofta
Paneer 250 gms
All purpose flour (Maida) 2 tsp (levelled)
Baking soda a pinch
Salt 1/2 tsp
Oil for deep frying
Stuffing for kofta:
Almonds or cashew nuts 4
Coconut powder 2 tsp
Cardamom powder 1/4 tsp
For standard gravy:
Tomato 3 tomatoes
Onion 250 gms or 3 medium
Garlic 1 whole
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Turmeric 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala 1/2 tsp
Salt 1 tsp or as per taste
Cashew nuts 5
Khus khus 2 tsp
Green cardamom 5
Charmagaz 1 tbsp
Oil 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves chopped 1 tsp
Cream 1 tsp
Procedure for Malai Kofta
- To prepare dough for kofta, crumble paneer with baking soda and all purpose flour (maida).
- Mix everything uniformly and make a crack less dough.
- Prepare stuffing for kofta, make a coarse mix of everything that are listed under stuffing.
- Now make small equal sized stuffed kofta balls.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Fry kofta on medium flame carefully.
- Remove kofta on a tissue paper. Keep it aside.
For standard tomato gravy:
- Make a paste of onion, ginger, and garlic, keep it aside.
- Prepare puree of tomatoes.
- Make powder of cashew nuts, almonds, charmagaz, khus khus, green cardomoms.
- Heat a deep pan and saute onion puree. Cook till raw smell goes away and paste change its color, it will take at least 20 minutes.
- Add tomato puree and dry fruits powder. Saute for 3-4 minutes more.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric, garam masala and salt. Mix well.
- Cook till oil separates, add half cup water let it boil. Your standard gravy is ready .
- Add koftas in the gravy. Garnish it with cream and coriander leaves.
- Malai Kofta is ready to serve !
Serve immediately, if you have added your koftas in the gravy. If not serving immediately do not add koftas, otherwise your kofta starts melting.
Hi everyone ! Today’s recipe is ‘Lauki Kofta’. This dish is a nice change from your usual lauki ki sabzi. Lauki is also famous by these names – bottle gourd, calabash, opo squash, dhudhi, and ghia. In this recipe small dumplings are prepared out of grated lauki, gram flour and few spices. It is an easy recipe and you can have it in your main course. It can be served with chapati/nan/paratha.
You can prepare koftas for this recipe one day in advance, this way even if you are short of time you can prepare this dish for your family within no time.
Few health benefits of bottle gourd/ lauki:
- Bottle gourd is rich in dietary fibre. It is very easy to digest.
- It helps in weight loss.
- Fat and calorie content of lauki is very low.
- Bottle gourd is a suitable vegetable for people with dietary problems and diabetics.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe on our Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 30-40 minutes
Ingredients for Lauki Kofta
|Lauki/Bottle Gourd (grated) ||250gms (without seeds)
|Gram flour/Besan ||4 tbsp
|Ajwain/Carrom seeds|| ¼ tsp
|Salt ||½ tsp
|Red chilli powder ||½ tsp
|Cumin seeds||½ tsp
|Coriander powder||½ tsp
|Coriander leaves chopped||1 tsp
|Green chilli||1 chopped
|Oil ||for deep fry
| For Curry/Gravy||
| Tomato ||1
|Salt ||½ tsp
|Red chilli powder||½ tsp
|Coriander powder ||1 tsp
|Cumin seeds||½ tsp
|Cashew paste |
|Oil ||½ cup
Procedure for Lauki Kofta
- Wash, peel and grate lauki.
- Add besan and all the ingredients of kofta in the grated lauki.
- Start making kofta in your desired shapes.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Fry kofta on medium flame.
- On a tissue paper place all the kofta and it keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil, add cumin seeds and hing, let cumin seed crackle.
- Add onion and cook till it turns translucent. Add green chilli and cook for 1-2 mins.
- In a grinder make paste of garlic, ginger and tomato.
- Add this paste in the pan and cook with chopped onion. Cook till oil start separating.
- In the pan add all the remaining dry ingredients.
- Cook until oil starts separating from the mix.
- Add cashew paste and koftas, cook for few minutes.
- Add water if you want thin consistency. If this gravy is of your desired consistency then your gravy is ready to be served.
- Garnish lauki kofta with chopped coriander. Your curry is ready !
Lauki kofta curry
- To prepare cashew paste, all you need to do is soak cashew nuts in lukewarm water for at least 20 mins. After 20 mins, in a mixer make paste.
Today’s recipe is ‘Jhatpat Shahi Paneer’. Shahi means ‘royal’ in english and as the name suggests gravy of this recipe is very rich and full of flavour. This is one of the most popular dish in Indian restaurants. Gravy of this dish is prepared from cashew nuts, almonds, khus khus (poppy seeds), onion, tomatoes, and few Indian spices. Shahi paneer is served with jeera rice/rotis/naan/lachcha paratha.
Jhatpat Shahi Paneer
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe on our Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. 🙂
For more paneer recipes (cottage cheese) you can check Paneer Baida Roti (cottage cheese & egg parcel) , Paneer Masala (Cottage cheese in tomato gravy with peas and capsicum) .
Duration: 40 mins
Ingredients for Jhatpat Shahi Paneer
Paneer (Cottage cheese) 250 grams
Onion (roughly chopped) 2 (medium)
Tomatoes (roughly chopped) 2 (medium)
Fresh/Frozen Peas (optional) 250 grams
Khus khus/ Poppy seeds 2 tsp
Cashew nuts 12
Green Chilli 1
Cumin/Jeera 1/2 tsp
Mustard Seeds/ Rai 1/2 tsp
Red chillies powder 1 tsp
Turmeric 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder 1½ tsp
Salt 1 tsp or as per your taste
Cream (optional) 1-2 tsp
Oil 2 Tbsp
Procedure for Jhatpat Shahi Paneer
- Heat oil in a pan or skillet or kadhai. Add poppy seeds, onions, tomatoes, almonds, green chilli, and cashew nuts.
- Add all the dry masala and saute for 3-4 minutes till everything mix properly.
- Now let the above mix cool down, before making a smooth paste of this mix.
- In a mixer prepare a very smooth creamy paste of the mix.
- In a pressure cooker heat oil and add jeera and mustard seeds, let them crackle.
- Add fresh/frozen peas and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add paneer and masala paste, close the lid. Let it cook for mins.
- Let the pressure drop, add cream and cook for 1-2 minutes. Shahi paneer is ready to be served.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander and serve it with naan/roti/jeera rice/lachcha paratha.
- You can prepare shahi mushroom and shahi makhana recipe in the same way. Replace paneer (cottage cheese) with mushroom or makhana.
- For making this dish more spicy you can add peppercorns, bay leafs and cinnamon sticks.
- If you like kewra flavour, add kewra water in the recipe.
Happy Wednesday! We are preparing Sev ki Sabzi today. Today’s recipe is a quick and easy dish of Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh. In Gujarat it is popularly known as sev tamatar nu shaak, the only difference in both the dishes is that sev tamatar nu shaak is slightly less spicy. Sev basically is an Indian snack consisting of long, thin strands of gram flour, deep-fried and spiced. We are using ratlami sev for this recipe. It is famous for its spicy flavour.
Sev ki Sabzi
Hello everyone! Today’s recipe is ‘Besan Gatte Ki Sabzi’ from the land of Rajasthan. It is one of rajasthani cuisine’s most famous dish . Let’s learn how to make this traditional dish.
Besan gatte ki sabzi
Hello Everyone ! Today’s recipe is ‘Aloo Tamatar Ki Sabzi’. Hope you’re all doing amazing. I am ready with another simple and quick recipe. I really hope you enjoy this recipe and I would love to hear your thoughts on the recipe.
Aloo Tamatar ki Sabzi