Today’s recipe is ‘Carrot Beetroot Muffins’. An easy dessert recipe, which is a perfect partner for a glass of milk during breakfast or as a tea-time snack. You can even pack it for your kid’s lunch box as it is healthy and contains two nutritious vegetables. These muffins are just like carrot cake except that it is a muffin and instead of an apple we are adding beetroot in this.
Carrot Beetroot Muffins requires mainly – Plain flour/maida, carrot, beetroot, eggs, sugar, ground cinnamon, and vanilla. To get spongy and moist cinnamon-scented muffins please keep the ratios same as mentioned. (Note: Please adjust your sugar quantity according to the sweetness of your carrots and beetroots.)
For more cakes and muffins recipe, you can check – Vanilla Tutti Frutti Sponge Cake | how to make sponge cake, Eggless Whole Wheat Banana Cake, Vanilla Choco Chips Cake (Pressure Cooker Recipe), Chocolate Chips Vanilla Muffins Recipe.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly email it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Total Duration: 45 mins
Ingredients for Carrot Beetroot Muffins
|Plain Flour / Maida||1-1/3 cup
|Carrot (grated)||1-1/3 cup
|Beetroot (grated)||1/4 cup
|Powdered Sugar||1/2 cup or as per taste
|Baking powder||1 tsp
|Baking soda||1/2 tsp
|Vanilla essence||1/2 tsp
|Cinnamon powder||1/2 tsp
Method for Carrot Beetroot Muffins
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 C for 10 mins.
- Start with dry ingredients first. In a bowl, sieve plain flour, add baking soda, baking powder, grounded cinnamon, powdered sugar, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix all the wet ingredients eggs, oil, and vanilla essence.
- Prepare a well in the dry ingredients mix.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Add grated carrots and beetroot.
- Mix everything well. Do not mix vigorously.
- Grease muffin mould or add muffin liners. Pour 1 Tbsp batter into each greased mould. Keep some space, for muffins to rise.
- Bake muffins for 15 mins at 180 C. Insert a toothpick in the centre and check if muffins are ready or not.
- Remove muffins when they cool down completely and serve hot.
Today’s recipe is ‘Sooji Dry Fruit Ladoo’. It is an easy dessert recipe, which is good for health. These ladoos helps in improving immunity during the winter season. It can be enjoyed as a mini snack, you can also pack one ladoo in your kid’s lunch box. It is a good way to introduce dry fruits in your and family’s diet.
Sooji Dry Fruit Ladoo
Today’s recipe is ‘Vanilla Tutti Frutti Sponge Cake’. Freshly baked cakes are happiness, do try cakes immediately after baking, you will love it too. It is a very simple cake recipe. I have already posted a vanilla cake recipe on the blog which was an eggless recipe, that’s why this time I am sharing one with eggs. It is a quick cake recipe which needs very basic cake ingredients. You can prepare this cake on short notice also.
Vanilla Tutti Frutti Sponge Cake
Today’s recipe is ‘Lapsi’. It is a very popular dessert recipe of Rajasthan. Lapsi is basically, broken wheat dessert, which is prepared for the special auspicious occasion in Rajasthan. Lapsi is rich dessert which is full of the goodness of dry fruits and ghee. Its sweetness comes from jaggery. It is also prepared quite often during the winter season, as it is enjoyed hot.
Today’s recipe is ‘Besan Burfi’. It is a festival time, all you need this time is a quick and easy recipe of sweets and namkeen, here is one such recipe for you. Besan barfi is a traditional sweet which is loved by every age group. In this recipe, you do not need to make sugar syrup. Besan is one ingredient which is used in so many dessert and snack recipe. You can easily store this barfi in an air-tight container.
For this recipe, you will need – besan, sugar, ghee, semolina, and few dry fruits. I have used sugar in my recipe, you can reduce preparation time by using powdered sugar. Th key to any besan recipe is roasting of besan, in this recipe also you need to roast besan till it is golden brown and start releasing a nutty fragrance.
For more festival special recipes, check – Jalebi | How to make instant jalebi recipe, Sweet Boondi | Tri color Sweet boondi | Meethi boondi, Besan Ladoo Recipe | how to make besan ladoo | Besan laddu, Sabudana Kheer Recipe | Sago Pearls Porridge, Falooda (Rose flavoured dessert beverage), Shahi Tukra (Indian Bread Pudding), Milk Powder Coconut Rolls (Quick sweet recipe), Phirni (Rose flavoured Indian rice pudding).
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Yield: 24 pieces
Duration: 20 mins (cook time) + 4-5 hours (preparation time)
Ingredients for Besan Burfi
|Gram flour / Besan ||2 cups
|Sugar (whole)||1 cup or as per taste
|Green cardamom powder||1/2 tsp
|Dry fruits and desiccated coconut||for garnishing
Method for Besan Burfi
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add ghee. Leth the ghee melt completely. Melt it on a very low heat.
- Add gram flour and semolina, roast/ cook for 6-7 minutes. Cook till besan turn golden in color and start emitting nutty fragrance.
- Add sugar (in powdered form preferably) and mix well. Cook for 2-3 mins more. Switch off the flame.
- Lastly, add cardamom powder, mix it well.
- Grease a thali, transfer besan mix in the thali.
- Press well to smoothen.
- Sprinkle chopped almonds, pistachios, and desiccated coconut.
- Leave to set for 4-5 hours at room temperature.
- Cut into pieces of your choice of size and shape.
- Enjoy besan barfi this festive season!
Today’s recipe is ‘Jalebi’. Jalebi is a very crisp dessert which is of circular shape. It is a very popular sweet in many countries of Asia. As the festive season is going to start soon, I am sharing a quick and easy recipe of jalebi. You do not need to ferment the batter. Try this easy dessert recipe and serve it hot to your guests and family.
Today’s post is ‘Suji Ka Halwa’. Suji ka halwa is a dessert made of semolina. It is a very popular halwa recipe of India. This halwa requires very less time in its preparation. It is very commonly served as a Prasad for puja in India. Also popularly known as rava sheera, other versions of it are pineapple sheera or kesari sheera.
Suji Ka Halwa