Hi everyone ! Today’s recipe is ‘Butter Naan’. Now try delicious and soft butter naan at home. Serve these soft breads with rich veg or non-veg dish. You can prepare it when you want to give home-made food a restaurant style touch. I am preparing naan with maida/all purpose flour, for healthier option you can try it with whole wheat flour.
Traditionally naans are prepared in clay ovens, I have prepared it in an electric oven. If preparing at home you can also use tava. To prepare naan at home all you need to do is to follow steps.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
You can serve butter naan with any of these dishes White Chicken Recipe (Chicken in white gravy) , Bhuna Gosht (Lamb cooked with desi masalas) , Bhuna Murgh (Chicken with yoghurt and cream) , Jhatpat Egg Masala (masala egg recipe) , Easy Chicken Curry (Chicken curry) , Jhatpat Shahi Paneer (Quick royal cottage cheese) , Paneer Masala (Cottage cheese in tomato gravy with peas and capsicum) , Malai Kofta (Stuffed cottage cheese balls in gravy)
Duration: 2 hrs
Ingredients for Butter Naan
|Maida/All purpose flour||1/2 kg|
|Salt||as per taste|
Procedure for Butter Naan
- In a bowl, take yeast, lukewarm water and sugar.
- Stir the mixture. Cover it. Keep it for 10 minutes.
- In a big bowl or plate, add maida/all purpose flour, curd, salt and ghee/butter.
- Whisk above mix of flour with yeast mixture. Knead everything to get a soft dough.
- Cover dough and allow the dough to leaven for at least 1 hours.
- After 1 hour divide the dough in equal size balls.
- Start preparing the naan just like you prepare chapati, but this time you need to prepare thick roti/chapati.
- Sprinkle naan with nigella seeds or kalonji.
- With the help of fork prick naan.
- Place naan in an electric oven.
- When preparing naan with maida/all purpose flour, keep one thing in mind, always prepare fresh and hot naan.
- Spread butter on the naan.