Today’s recipe is ‘Boondi Ki Sabzi ‘. It is tasty dry tangy side dish recipe. Try this recipe with hot chapati or paratha during lunch or dinner. You can also carry it in your lunch box, as it is dry dish. It is easy and quick recipe, you can prepare it when in hurry.
For this recipe you will need, boondi (which we use for making raita), curd/yogurt, ginger garlic paste, dried fenugreek leaves and few dry spices. For more recipes of besan/gramflour Rajasthani Besan Gatte Ki Sabzi (Besan gatte) , Rajasthani Shimla Mirch Besan (capsicum trio) , Besan Cheela (Gram flour veggies pancake) , Mayonnaise Bread Pakora (Quick tea-time snack) , Gobhi Pakora / Cauliflower Fritters Recipe .
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 30 mins
Ingredients for Boondi Ki Sabzi
|Curd / Yogurt||1 cup|
|Onion (chopped)||1 (large)|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 tsp|
|Dry fenugreek leaves||1 Tbsp|
|Salt||1/2 tsp or as per taste|
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp|
|Coriander powder||2 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp|
Method for Boondi ki Sabzi
- In a deep pan/ kadhai heat oil. Add chopped onion and fry till translucent.
- In the pan next add, crushed ginger-garlic paste and fry till onion and paste are golden brown in color.
- Add dried fenugreek leaves in the pan, mix well and cook for few seconds.
- Add all the dry spices in the pan and fry for few seconds.
- Lower flame to minimum and add curd/yogurt. Simultaneously, add water also.
- Keep stirring till curry starts to boil.
- When water starts boiling, add boondi in the curry, mix well. Let the boondi soak all the curry.
- Serve hot with chapati or paratha.
If you do not have dry fenugreek leaves at home use fresh green fenugreek leaves (3 Tbsp for this recipe).