Today’s recipe is ‘Bhuna Keema’. Bhuna keema is a spicy minced meat dish. It can be enjoyed as a main dish during lunch and dinner. You can serve it with naan/chapati/paav. Mostly, it is cooked with either green peas or potatoes. This recipe is without green peas or potatoes, you can add any one of them if you want in this same recipe.
Ingredients of Bhuna keema includes – keema, onion, ginger-garlic paste, and dry whole spices. Bhuna keema is a recipe which semi-dry. You can always adjust spice quantity according to your taste preference. I am preparing this dish in a pressure cooker as it is an easy and quick method of preparation. Keema can also be enjoyed in snack form by preparing keema samosa, the recipe of which is available here.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 40 mins
Ingredients for Bhuna Keema
|Keema / Minced meat||500 gms|
|Red chilli powder||2 tsp|
|Coriander powder||3 tsp|
|Salt||1.5 tsp or as per taste|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 tsp|
|Ginger-garlic paste||2 tsp|
|All spice powder||1/2 tsp or as per taste|
Method for Bhuna Keema
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil.
- Add dry spices cloves, bay leaves, black peppercorn and cinnamon stick.
- Next, add chopped onion, saute till onion turn translucent.
- After onion starts turning translucent, add ginger-garlic paste.
- Next, add all the masala red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and coriander powder.
- Lastly, add keema, mix well. Close the lid and cook for
- When the pressure drop, open the lid, add allspice powder. Mix well and cook till keema start releasing oil.
- Serve hot with any chapati of your choice.