Bhindi Masala recipe is a simple dish. After potato, I think bhindi/okra is next favourite vegetable of India (this is my personal view 🙂 ). This recipe can be served as a side dish with chapati or plain paratha. You can serve it as main course dish for lunch or dinner.
For this recipe, you will need – bhindi / okra, onion, tomatoes, green chillies and few common easily available spices. Key to enjoy tasty bhindi is to perfectly cook it, until it is crisp.
Other veg recipes that you can try – Punjabi Baingan Matar Bharta (Eggplant and peas recipe) , Kurkuri Bhindi / Crispy Okra (Crispy Lady Finger Recipe) , Baingan Bhaja / Begun Bhaja (Fried Aubergine Slices) , Aloo ke Gutke / Pahari Aloo (Uttrakhand Cuisine) , Stuffed Bell Pepper (Bharwa Shimla Mirch) , Dahi Wale Aloo (Potatoes cooked in curd gravy) , Aloo Kasoori Methi Sabzi (Potato n Dried Fenugreek) , Hyderabadi Bagara Baingan (Spicy Aubergine Curry)
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 40 minutes
Ingredients for Bhindi Masala Recipe
|Bhindi / Okra (Chopped length-wise)||500 gms|
|Onion (finely chopped)||1 (large)|
|Tomato (chopped)||2 (small)|
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp|
|Salt||1 tsp or as per taste|
|Chaat masala (optional)||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander powder||1.5 tsp|
|Green chilli||4-5 no.|
Method for Bhindi Masala Recipe
- Wash and chop bhindi / okra.
- In a deep pan, heat oil, add onion and fry till translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute for few minutes.
- Next add green chillies and all the dry spices. Mix well. Fry for few minutes.
- Add chopped bhindi, cover it and cook till tender over medium heat. (Keep on stirring in between.)
- When bhindi reduced to half its size and tender, add chaat masala (optional), mix well.
- Remove the lid. Cook bhindi till oil starts oozing out.
- Serve hot with chapati or paratha !