Happy Friendship day & Happy Rakshabandhan (in advance)! Today’s recipe is ‘Besan Ladoo’. It is one very easy and quick recipe of besan laddoo. You can prepare this quick dessert within 30-45 mins. This sweet is very popular in every Indian household during the festive season. It is healthy dessert recipe which is loved by every age group.
The key to preparing perfect besan ladoo is gram flour roasting time. If you roast besan for correct duration of time, you will get delicious laddu at the end. For this recipe, you will need – besan, sugar, ghee, raisins, and cardamom powder.
Note: Ladies you are facing back pain problem can add gond/gundh/edible gum in the above recipe in puffed form.
For more ladoo recipes you can check – Gajar ke laddoo (quick carrot truffles), Coconut Laddoo (Nariyal ke laddoo), Til Ladoo Recipe (Sesame seeds candy / Tilgul), Peanut Ladoo (two ingredients recipe)
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on the Facebook page or directly email it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 45 mins
Ingredients for Besan Ladoo
|Besan / Gram flour||2 cups|
|Sugar (Powdered)||3/4 cup or as per taste|
|Elaichi/ Cardamom powder||1/2 tsp|
|Pistachio (chopped)||for garnishing|
Method for Besan Ladoo
- In a deep pan or wok, roast besan for 10-12 minutes. Keep continuously stirring besan to get an even color of besan.
- After 10-12 mins of roasting, add ghee in the besan, keep stirring besan. After 5-6 mins you will start getting the nutty fragrance and ghee will start releasing from all sides. Nutty aroma is an indication that your besan is perfectly roasted. The second indication is a change of besan color to golden brown in color.
- Remove the roasted besan-ghee mix in a bowl.
- Add powdered sugar, cardamom powder and raisins in the mix.
- Mix well and let the ladoo mix to cool down completely.
- When the mix is completely cool, start preparing laddoos from the mix.
- Garnish ladoo with your choice of dry fruit, I chose pistachio to garnish my laddoos.
- Serve laddoos immediately or store in airtight container.