Hello everyone ! Happy Monday 🙂 Today’s dish is ‘Besan Ki Sabzi’. This dish is from the Rajasthani cuisine. It is very close to Jhunka, one of the very popular dish from Maharashtra. On the days when you do not have any vegetables at home, try this and give surprise to your family. You can have this dish in your main course with hot chapati/Paratha (made with desi ghee).
Besan ki sabzi is a very delicious dish made mainly with gram flour and onions along with some of the common Indian spices. It is a famous dish in Rajasthan because of its unique flavours. It is a quick and easy dish. If you are a fan of Rajasthani cuisine do give it a try.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe on our Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
For more Rajasthani dishes you can also check Moong Dal Halwa (with a twist) , Rajasthani shimla mirch besan , Rajasthani Besan Gatte Ki Sabzi , Jhatpat ratlami sev paratha (sev stuffed paratha) , Sev ki sabzi (Ratlami sev ki sabzi)
Duration: 5 mins (prep time) + 25 mins (cook time) = 30 mins (total time)
Ingredients for Besan ki Sabzi
|Gram flour/Besan ||1 cup|
|Onion (chopped)||1 medium|
|Garlic (chopped)||1 tsp|
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp|
|Cumin seeds/Jeera||1/2 tsp|
|Mustard seeds/Rai||1/2 tsp|
|Green chilli (chopped)||4-5|
|Coriander leaves (chopped)||2 tbsp|
|Salt||1 tsp or
as per taste
|Water ||as required|
Procedure for Besan ki Sabzi
- In a large bowl add besan, red chilli powder, salt and turmeric.
- Add water in the bowl and prepare a batter of pouring consistency. Keep it aside.
- In a pan heat oil. Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds, let them crackle.
- Add sliced onions and fry on medium to low heat until it is translucent.
- Now add green chillies and garlic, cook for 2-3 mins.
- This step is very important, pour besan batter slowly while continuously stirring it from other hand, otherwise it may form lumps.
- Add one cup water and cover the lid and cook on low heat (keep on adding water in between while cooking besan) until oil start separating from the all sides.
- Add chopped coriander leaves, mix it uniformly.
- Besan ki sabzi is ready to serve with hot rotis ! Garnish it with chopped coriander.
This recipe also tastes well with spring onion. If you do not have coriander leaves at home, you can use chopped spring onion.