Today’s recipe is ‘Bathua Multigrain Poori’. You can easily get bathua these days in the market, as the vegetable market is full of green leafy vegetables. Bathua is also known as Chenopodium. I have already shared a bathua raita/yoghurt dip recipe on the blog. Puri is another way with which you can enjoy bathua and can even include it in your kid’s recipe.
Bathua multigrain puri recipe requires – Wheat flour/genhu ka atta, bajra atta/millet flour, makke ka atta/cornmeal/maize flour, bathua/Chenopodium, few spices and oil for deep-frying. For this recipe, you need to wash and chop bathua leaves before adding it to the puri dough. Serve bathua poori with any vegetable of your choice, we served it with aloo matar.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 40 mins
Ingredients for Bathua Poori
|Wheat flour||1/2 kg|
|Maize flour||1/2 cup|
|Gram flour/besan||1/2 cup|
|Millet flour||1/2 cup|
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp or as per taste|
|Salt||as per taste|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander powder||1.5 tsp|
|Water||as required for kneading dugh|
|Oil||For deep-frying - as required
For kneading dough - 1 tbsp
Method for Bathua Poori
- Wash bathua leaves properly.
- Chop bathua leaves.
- In a pan, take all three flours, chopped bathua leaves and spices.
- Add oil and mix properly.
- Prepare a tight dough for puri.
- Start dividing dough into equal size balls.
- Heat oil for deep-frying.
- Start deep-frying pooris.
- Remove poori and keep it aside.
- Serve bathua multigrain poori hot with any dry or curry vegetable dish of your choice.