Happy Monday everyone! ♥ I hope you all had a beautiful week. Today’s recipe is ‘Aloo Vada ‘. It is a very popular vegetarian Indian fast food. In Rajasthan it is called as aloo vada, but it is also popular with its other name batata wada. It is basically mashed potatoes fritters/dumplings, which is covered in gram flour batter. In this recipe there is no need to temper the mashed potatoes. Try this hearty snack at home and enjoy with your family as tea time snack/appetizer. It can be served with green chutney (mint and coriander chutney) or ketchup.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe on our Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. ?
Duration: 30 mins
Ingredients for Aloo vada
Potatoes (boiled ) 1 kg
Lemon 1½ no.
Salt 1½ tsp
Coriander leaves 1 cup
Mint/Pudina 2 tsp
Curry leaves 8-10
Ginger 1½ tsp
Chaat masala 2 tsp
Chilli flakes 2 tsp
Oil for deep-frying
Gram flour/Besan 2-2½ cups heaped
Salt 1 tsp
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Cumin/ Jeera 1/4 tsp
Soda bi-carb a pinch
Carrom seeds/Ajwain 1/4 tsp
Water as required for batter
Procedure for Aloo vada
- Peel and cut potatoes in half. In a pressure cooker boil potato cubes with salt.
- Mash potato cubes and add all the masala ingredients (except oil) in the mashed potatoes . Mix everything properly.
- Divide potato masala in equal size round balls. Keep them aside.
- In a deep bowl take gram flour, add all the ingredients of batter in it.
- Add water in it to have a batter of medium consistency.
- Heat sufficient quantity of oil in a deep pan for deep-frying.
- Dip potato balls in batter and deep fry them till golden brown.
- Serve them hot with ketchup or chutney and deep fried green chillies.