Today’s recipe is ‘Badam Milk’. This festive season welcome your guests and family with badam milk. According to the climate of your city, you can serve badam milk/dudh hot or cold. It tastes equally good in both ways. Badam dudh/ almond milk is a beverage from Mughlai cuisine. Almond flavored milk is a drink which is usually served during the festive and special occasion. Badam dudh is a hit among every age group from kids to elders.
For this recipe, you will need- Full fat milk, almonds, cardamom powder, and sugar. You can add Kesar strands in the milk, during the winter season, as Kesar has a tendency to keep your body warm during winter season. The amount of sugar for the recipe can be adjusted according to your taste preference. Almonds are soaked overnight or at least for half an hour, which makes it easy to remove almond skin. Almond with its peel/skin is heaty in nature.
Dessert or beverages which you can serve your guests and family this festive season are – Falooda (Rose flavoured dessert beverage), Jalebi | How to make instant jalebi recipe, Sweet Boondi | Tri color Sweet boondi | Meethi boondi, Besan Ladoo Recipe | how to make besan ladoo | Besan laddu, Sabudana Kheer Recipe | Sago Pearls Porridge
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on the Facebook page or directly email it to me on email@example.com. I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 30 mins
Ingredients for Badam Milk
|Milk (Full-fat)||4 cups|
|Sugar||as per taste|
|Pistachios / saffron strands||for garnishing|
Method for Badam Milk
- Soak almond in water for at least 30 mins.
- Remove skin/peel of almonds.
- Make a coarse paste of almonds and cardamom. (According to your preference, you can make a coarse or smooth paste. )Keep the paste aside.
- In a thick bottomed vessel, pour full-fat milk.
- Let the milk boil for till it reduces to half.
- When the milk reduces to half, add almond and cardamom paste in it.
- After adding the paste, let the milk simmer for a while, lastly, add sugar according to your taste.
- Serve milk in a kulhad and garnish it with chopped pistachios.