Today’s recipe is ‘Atte Ka Halwa’. It is a dessert recipe which is made of whole wheat flour. It is a very popular dessert or halwa recipe of north India. One of my family’s favorite halwa recipe. Some people even have it as a breakfast. It is simple and quick dessert recipe. You need only 15-20 mins for this halwa. This halwa can be enjoyed with puri just like sooji halwa and puri combination.
It is a delicious dessert recipe which requires only a few ingredients. Main ingredients for atte ka halwa are whole wheat flour, ghee, sugar, milk, and dry fruits. Dry fruits can be of your choice, I am using cashew nuts and raisins. It is instant halwa as takes few minutes and can satisfy your sweet cravings in 15-20 mins.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly email it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 15-20 mins
Ingredients for Atte ka halwa
|Whole wheat flour / Atta||1 cup|
|Sugar||3/4 cup or as per taste|
|Dry fruits (cashewnut + raisins)||2 Tbsp|
Method for Atte ka halwa
- Heat ghee in a deep pan.
- Roast whole wheat flour with ghee till flour turns golden brown in color, keep stirring the flour. This will take at least 7-8 mins.
- When you observe the change in the color of flour, add milk. Do not stop stirring halwa continuously, to avoid lumps formation.
- When halwa starts separating from the pan, add sugar and dry fruits of your choice.
- Cook till sugar disappear and halwa starts turning dark brown and glossy in appearance.
- Garnish with cashew nut and serve hot.