Today’s recipe is ‘Amla Murabba’. It is winter and vegetable markets are full of amla these days. They are one of my favourite fruit since my childhood. During my school days, my mother used to soak amla in salt water for two-three days, that was my favourite. If you love amla, like me, do try this sweet version of amla. You can add amla in your kid’s diet through this recipe. Amla murabba really goes well with hot parathas/dal rice.
Ingredients which you need for amla murabba – Amla, sugar and few spices. You need to boil amla first for some time until amlas are soft enough to mash. For this recipe, normally you need to add an equal amount of sugar, for example, if you take 1/2 kg amla then you will need half kg sugar. If you feel, you want less sweet murabba then you can reduce the amount of sugar.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe on our Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys. ?
Yield: 750 gms
Duration: 45 mins
Ingredients for Amla Murabba
|Amla / Indian Gooseberry||500 gms|
|Sugar||300 gms or as per taste|
|Cardamom / Elaichi powder||1 tsp|
|Cinnamon powder||1/8 tsp|
|Water||As required for boiling.|
Method for Amla Murabba
- Wash and boil amla. For boiling amla, take sufficient amount of water in a pan, while boiling keep pan covered. Keep it aside, let it remain cover.
- When amla cools down, remove seeds from each amla.
- In a mixer give it one-two pulse in the grinder, do not make a paste of amla. (We need crushed amla, not a paste.)
- In a pan, add amla, sugar, and cardamom powder.
- Cook till amla starts changing its colour and sugar melts completely. Lastly, add the cinnamon powder in the murabba. When murabba starts sticking to pan bottom, switch off the flame.
- Let the amla murabba cool down completely.
- Store it in an airtight container (in the refrigerator for months).