Hello Everyone ! Today’s recipe is ‘Aloo Tamatar Ki Sabzi’. Hope you’re all doing amazing. I am ready with another simple and quick recipe. I really hope you enjoy this recipe and I would love to hear your thoughts on the recipe.
Back to recipe, today I am sharing with you all, Aloo Tamatar ki sabzi. This is one of the easiest and most delicious recipe to make with an ideal combination of potatoes and tomatoes. This potato tomato recipe is made without ginger, garlic and onion.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe on our Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below. Feel free to let me know if you have any other ideas or questions in mind for this or on my future recipes. 🙂
Duration: 10 mins (Preparation Time) + 5 mins (Cooking Time) = 15 mins (Total)
Ingredients for Aloo Tamatar Ki Sabzi
Potatoes/ Aloo (Cut in small pieces) 3 medium size
Tomatoes/ Tamatar (chopped) 3 small size
Salt as per taste
Cumin Seeds/Jeera 1 Tsp
Mustard Seeds/Rai 1/2 Tsp
Asafoetida/Hing a pinch
Red Chilli Powder 1 Tsp
Turmeric/ Haldi 1/4 Tsp
Green Chillies(chopped) 3 nos.
Curry leaves 4-5 leaves
Mint leaves(Pudina) 2 Tsp
Water 1.5 cup
Oil 1 Tbsp
This is the exact size and amount of vegetables used in this recipe.
Procedure for Aloo Tamatar Ki Sabzi
- I prepared this dish in a pressure cooker, that way its easier and less time consuming.
- Heat Oil in pressure cooker. Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds, let the seeds starts crackling and turn golden.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute it till they become tender, now add potatoes in the cooker.
- Saute tomatoes and potatoes for 2-3 minutes more, add green chillies, curry leaves, mint leaves and all the dry spices in the cooker.
- After cooking for 3-4 minutes, add water in the cooker, close the lid of pressure cooker and let it cook for 5 mins on high flame.
- After 5 mins switch off the flame and let the pressure drop on its own.
- Consistency of the dish totally depends upon you, whether you want it on thicker side or thinner in consistency. Adjust water quantity as per your preference.
Serve it hot with Roti/Poori/Paratha.
You can have this curry during fast also by replacing salt with sendha namak (black salt).
Potatoes are considered to be as comfort food all around the world. Potatoes are very good source of vitamin B6 and a good source of potassium, copper, vitamin C, manganese, phosphorus, niacin, dietary fiber, and pantothenic acid.
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf