Hi everyone ! Today’s recipe is ‘Aloo Shimla Mirch Do Pyaza’. It is a simple dish with main ingredients as aloo (potatoes), shimla mirch (capsicum/bell peppers) and onion. You can enjoy this dish as main course during lunch or dinner.
For all those who want to know, why and when we call any dish ‘do pyaza’ ??? The answer is that in any dish when you add onion twice or in double quantity of other vegetables/ingredients that dish is named as do pyaza. In this dish we are going to add double quantity of onion in comparison to aloo (potatoes) and shimla mirch (capsicum/bell peppers). So if you love onion, then this recipe is for you.
Duration: 10 minutes (prep time) + 30 minutes (cook time) = 40 minutes (total)
Ingredients for Aloo Shimla Mirch Do Pyaza
Potatoes 2 medium size
Onion 2 large size
Capsicum 3 medium size
Tomato paste 4 tbsp
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Cumin seed powder ½ tsp
Salt ¾ tsp as per taste
Garlic paste 1 tsp
Oil ½ cup or 2 Tbsp
Procedure for Aloo Shimla Mirch Do Pyaza
- Peel potatoes and cut them in small pieces.
- Heat oil and stir fry potatoes for 3-4 minutes. Cover the pan and cook potatoes for 8-10 minutes or till potatoes softens and turn golden in color.
- Add garlic paste in the pan and cook till raw smell of garlic completely vanish.
- In the pan add all the dry masalas and tomato paste. You don’t need to add water in it. Cook for sometime.
- Cut onion and capsicum of same size as potatoes. Add capsicum and onion in the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on high flame. Let the ingredients cook till oil separates.
- Serve it hot with chapati/Lachcha paratha !
- In case you want slight sweet taste in the recipe instead of spicy flavour, you can use 2 tbsp tomato paste and 2 tbsp tomato ketchup.
- For paneer do pyaza all you need to do is replace aloo and capsicum with paneer.
Food is essential to life; therefore, make it good.
-You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe on our Facebook page or directly mail it to me on email@example.com . I would love to hear from you guys.