Today’s recipe is ‘Aloo Ka Bharta’. It is a very easy recipe of Indian mashed potatoes, which are prepared by cooking few spices and vegetables with boiled potatoes. Aloo bharta can be served along with hot chapati/parathas as a side dish. It can be enjoyed during lunch or dinner.
For this recipe, you will need – boiled and mashed potatoes, tomatoes, onion, green chillies, curry leaves, ginger and few spices. You can always adjust the recipe and spices according to your taste for aloo ka bharta. If you want to cook no onion no garlic dish then skip onions. This dish is a hit among every age group from kids to grown-ups.
For more potato recipes, you can check – Aloo Pakora | Crispy Potato Fritters, Fried Potato Wedges (how to make potato wedges), Aloo Matar Pulao (Green Peas Potato Pulao), Dahi Wale Aloo (Potatoes cooked in curd gravy), Chilli Garlic Potato Bites (kids special snack), Aloo Namkeen (Spicy Potato Strips), Aloo Egg Pattice (potato egg pattice), Dilli Style Aloo Chaat (Tangy potatoes), Aloo Vada (Potato dumpling/ Batata vada).
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from Rasoi Recipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 30 mins
Ingredients for Aloo ka Bharta
|Potato (Boiled)||4 (medium)|
|Onion (chopped)||1 medium|
|Tomato (chopped)||1 medium|
|Green chillies (chopped)||3 (medium)|
|Curry leaves||1 sprig|
|Red chilli powder||1/2 tsp or as per taste|
|All spice powder / garam masala powder||1/2 tsp or as per taste|
|Turmeic powder||1/4 tsp|
|Salt||1 tsp or as per taste|
|Coriander leaves (chopped)||2 Tbsp|
Method for Aloo ka Bharta
- Boil and peel potatoes.
- With the help of fork mash the potatoes. Keep them aside.
- In a pan heat oil.
- Splutter mustard seeds and cumin seeds in the pan.
- Saute chopped onions for 2-3 mins on medium flame.
- Add chopped ginger and green chillies, saute for few seconds.
- Next, add chopped tomatoes and curry leaves. Stir fry for few seconds.
- Add all the spices red chilli powder, salt, turmeric powder and allspice powder (garam masala).
- Now add mashed potatoes, and mix well with all the ingredients.
- Lastly, add chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot!