Hi Everyone! Hope you all had a great week. We are preparing ‘Aam Panna’ today. As summer season is almost here, let’s try this delicious beverage well-known for its heat stroke preventing property. This drink is made from raw mangoes. It is a healthy option for all those heavily sugar loaded aerated soft drinks.
You can share your re-creation of this recipe or any other recipe from RasoiRecipe. You can share it on Facebook page or directly mail it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org . I would love to hear from you guys. If you have any suggestions or if you want to share your views or appreciation, you can leave your message in the comment section below.
Duration: 30 mins (10 mins prep time + 20 mins cook time)
Ingredients for Aam Panna
Kachi Keri (Raw Mango) 1 kg
Salt 1 tsp
Sugar 1 cup (adjust sweetness as per your taste)
Saunf (Fennel Seeds) 1/2 tsp
Kala Namak (Black Salt) 1/2 tsp
Zeera 1/2 tsp
Jal Jeera Powder 1 tsp
Chat Masala 1 tsp
Pudina (Mint) Leaves 12-15 nos.
Citric acid 1/4 tsp
Oil for tadka
Hing (Asafoetida) a pinch
Procedure for Aam Panna
- Wash raw mangoes and peel them.
- Take sufficient water in pressure cooker. Add raw mangoes and mint leaves in it.
- Pressure cook mangoes for 3-4 whistles till they are completely done.
- Keep mango pulp and remove seeds (guthli).
- In the pressure cooker add salt, black salt, sugar, saunf, jal jeera powder and chat masala.
- With the help of hand blender blend everything perfectly.
- In a pan heat oil, add zeera and hing in it. Temper pulp.
- This is how aam panna is prepared. You can store and refrigerate it in a bottle for future use.
- Add chilled water and ice cubes in the aam panna. Stir the mix and aam panna is ready to serve !
- If you want, you can opt for jaggery instead of white sugar.
- Tempering part is optional, you can skip it, but I would recommend it.
- There are various health benefits of aam panna. It prevents heat stroke and stomach problems. Raw mangoes are rich source of Vitamin C. Aam panna also prevents excessive loss of sodium from body. So grab a glass of aam panna and give your body a healthy treat !
Food is symbolic of love when words are not enough.”
-Alan D. Wolfelt